Bruschetta Chicken Bake –
Your new favorite chicken – this Bruschetta Chicken Bake recipe is part of a healthy meal plan!
Grilled or Baked Chicken Bruschetta is one of our favorite dinners! Packed with tons of summer flavor when you use fresh garden tomatoes and basil. This is a great recipe to cook when gardens are overflowing with ripe tomatoes and that fresh basil is everywhere.
We use a robust Balsamic Vinaigrette from Kraft that works well as a marinade for both the chicken and the diced fresh tomatoes.
This is a very easy dinner, just pop in the oven for 20 minutes and you have a delicious dinner that will become a family favorite all summer long.
- Always use thin chicken breasts or pound the chicken thinner with a meat mallet
- You can use dried basil instead of fresh. Start with about 1/2 teaspoon.
- Marinating the chicken should be about 1-2 hours, but you can get away with 1/2 hour. Just baste the chicken with plenty of the vinaigrette while grilling.
- For a little extra kick, add 1/4 cup of chopped purple onions or a little chopped jalapeno pepper.
One of our favorite recipes is Baked Bruschetta Chicken - Delicious Combination of flavors.
- 1-1/4 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper
Marinate chicken breasts in 2/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette for 1 hour.
Remove chicken and discard marinade.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees ,
Lay marinated chicken pieces on a foil-lined cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Mix diced tomatoes, basil and the 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinaigrette together. Lightly salt & pepper.
IF GRILLING - Place chicken on foil and grill for about 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
When chicken is cooked through, drizzle with a little more vinaigrette dressing.
Top each chicken piece evenly with tomato mixture and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake or grill for an additional few minutes to melt cheese.
Serve with a little extra dressing!
To make a delicious chicken dish that comes out flavorful and tender, gently pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet.