How to Make the Best Oven Roasted Redskin Potatoes with Herbs
When you think of healthy and clean eating, you don’t often think of the potato. Potatoes have often gotten a bad rap, not because they are unhealthy, but because they are super-delicious and we like to load them up with unhealthy things and then eat way too many!
- These potatoes are part of a “clean eating” diet and a recipe you can feel good about.
Some of our favorite potatoes for roasting are the small round redskin potatoes. These potatoes are easy to roast because the skins are a little thinner, which makes for a tender yet crispy potato.
If you are looking for the perfect dinner side dish for chicken, pork and beef, this is it! Potatoes are a healthy addition to your diet because potatoes are an excellent source of potassium, fiber, vitamins C and B6!
Clean and Healthy Roasted Potatoes
- 2 lbs. red-skinned potatoes cut in quarters
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced fine
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss to coat. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray and arrange potatoes on a single layer on the sheet. Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes, turning once until potatoes are fork tender.
Never be afraid to serve a healthy side dish of potatoes for dinner. You can also use the baby gold potatoes for this recipe. Find your favorite potato and make this recipe often.