This is one of those easy dinners any cook can pull of in about 20 minutes time.
How to Make Delicious Pan Fried Pierogies the whole Family will Love!
Easy Pan Fried Pierogies
One of the easiest and tastiest dinners you can cook in a hurry is pan fried perogies. If you keep a few bags of frozen pierogies in your freezer you can have this delicious meal on the table in about 15-20 minutes. This was always a Pittsburgh, PA favorite and enjoyed by many families for many years!
What is a pierogi? We like to think they are more like little potato filled dumplings. You can also get cheese filled or potato and cheese filled. The dumpling is typically made of just flour, eggs and water.
How to Make Easy Friend Pierogies
- Cook frozen pierogies according to package directions, drain well.
- Cook any onions or ham pieces in butter and set aside on a plate.
- Melt butter over medium heat in your skillet and add the pierogies to the pan.
- Let cook on one side for about 1-2 minutes before flipping.
- Flip pierogies and let cook & brown on the other side.
- Add your onions, ham and cheese to the pan.
Easy family meal using frozen Pierogies
- 1 16 oz Bag Frozen Pierogies
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and pepper
Cook Pierogis according to package directions. Drain and keep in the colander until ready to use.
Melt butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add pierogis and cook for about 5 minutes, flipping over at least once using a spatula.
Lightly salt and pepper, stir in cheese or other additions.
Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for about 5 additional minutes.
Gather Your Ingredients for Fried Pierogies
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen Pierogies
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
Tasty Additions to Add to Your Pan Fried Pierogies
Ham (we use Sugardale packaged diced ham)
Kielbasa – cut into chunks
Chopped Broccoli (cooked and drained)
There are so many ways to cook and serve your pierogies. Find your favorite additions! We love ham and cheese.
Add the ham back to the pan after the pierogies have been cooked and well browned.
Don’t forget to keep a few things on hand like pierogies and a blended cheese mix so you always have a quick dinner on hand.
What to Serve with Your Pierogies?
Corn on the Cob