Turkey and Black Bean Chili for Healthy Dinner
Just because a dinner recipe is quick to prepare doesn’t mean it’s not healthy. This dinner of delicious black bean chili meets so many requirements for a healthy family meal that you will be tempted to make it often.
Low in fat and high in fiber are two things that help make this a sensible dinner in your monthly rotation of family dinner recipes.
This is definitely a “Clean Eating” recipe that is healthy and delicious. The whole family will love this chili for a healthy dinner or a delicious lunch!
Healthy and Delicious Dinner of Chili with Ground Turkey and Black Beans
- 1 pound 94% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion,chopped fine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 16 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 2 15 oz,. cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet or soup pan, brown ground turkey in olive oil along with the onions and garlic.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir and bring to a light boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
This black bean and turkey chili is perfect for any season!
Always buy lean ground turkey that is 94% fat instead of the 98% fat.
A little bit more fat and a ton more flavor.
This turkey and black bean chili recipe heats up perfectly for healthy and delicious leftovers.
Add more or less beans depending on how many calories you want.
You could also easily throw in a cup of cooked corn for additional bulk and flavor.
Want your chili a little spicier? Use just a dash of cayenne pepper.
Top black bean chili with your favorite cheese and a little sour cream.