Healthy Homemade Turkey Sausage Patties
So your eating clean but need some breakfast sausage love?
Many of us love eating bacon or sausage with our breakfast and we could easily eat this every morning. But, lately our favorite breakfast sides have been tainted by strong words used against the preservative called nitrates found in both.
Nitrates are a form of food preservatives that are added to our bodacious breakfast buddies to prolong their shelf life and keep the food safe from spoilage. It’s always a give-and-take with keeping foods fresh and using chemicals to do so.
Variety and moderation are two great words used to describe the way we should eat on a daily basis. Even an overload of healthy green vegetables may lead to some health problems if not balanced properly. The occasional bacon or sausage or even our favorite summertime treat the hot-dog, should not cause most of us any concern as long as we don’t overindulge and keep it to a minimum.
This Healthy Homemade Turkey Sausage works perfectly with the clean eating diet and also with those trying to lose weight. These little patties are delicious and a great choice for breakfast at only 95 calories.
Nothing artificial here … just clean & healthy eating! Want to make the healthiest eggs for eating clean? Make Poached Eggs –> Use the egg poacher pan that we use!
Get the day off to a clean start with these delicious turkey sausage patties
- 1 lb. 94% lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons dried sage leaves
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add the turkey and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add all of the spices and salt & pepper.
- Mix well using your hands.
- Form into medium-sized balls (about as big as a golf ball) and flatten with a burger press. If you don't have a burger press then use the flat bottom of a cup.
- Add the additional 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and butter to a large skillet.
- Cook turkey patties for about 2 minutes on both sides.
- Cover and cook for about 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add a little chicken broth or water before you cover to keep turkey moist.
Healthy Homemade Breakfast Turkey Sausage Patties are perfect for a clean eating breakfast! Try our 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge!