Chicken Caprese Salad – Easy Mozzarella Chicken Breasts with Balsamic Glaze Served over Healthy Salad Greens
This savory stovetop Chicken Caprese Salad recipe features the delicious flavors of a traditional Caprese Salad, plus balsamic glazed chicken breasts.
Sweet cherry tomatoes, fresh Mozzarella, basil, and a rich balsamic glaze elevate otherwise basic chicken breasts to a whole new level.
You’ll want to work this one into your regular weeknight dinner or lunch rotation because you can get this meal from the refrigerator to the table in just twenty minutes! Easy and delicious just go a lot easier!
Enjoy this Classic Caprese Salad with Chicken for a Delicious Light Dinner or Lunch.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded thin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quarted
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 4 oz. fresh Mozzarella, quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package mixed salad greens
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the prepared chicken breasts with the Italian seasoning and garlic powder on both sides and add to the hot skillet. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup in a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Simmer until the mixture thickens and is reduced by half, stirring frequently, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine grape tomatoes, red onion, fresh Mozzarella, and basil. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- When chicken is done cooking, turn off heat and move skillet to a cool burner. While still in the skillet, top each chicken breast with the tomato and mozzarella mixture and cover for a couple minutes or just until the tomatoes are warmed through.
- To serve, transfer the chicken to a serving platter or individual plates. Top each breast with the tomato mixture and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Enjoy!
Caprese Salad –
Caprese Salad – a simple Italian salad consisting of sliced fresh mozzarella, sliced fresh tomatoes, and sweet basil. This salad is traditional seasoned with salt and olive oil and arranged in layers prettily on a dish or serving platter. Try our Caprese Salad with Balsamic Glaze.
We take this traditional tasty tomato and mozzarella salad and add balsamic glazed chicken and healthy greens for a complete meal.
You will also love our Caprese Pasta Salad full of deliciousness.