Delicious Bacon and Egg Salad Recipe for a Yummy Lunch or Quick on the Go Breakfast.
Egg salad is such an easy recipe and one that even a beginner cook can enjoy. Follow along below for our step-by-step on how to make simple egg salad with added bacon.
Add Bacon to your egg salad and take it to the next level. Tastiest egg salad ever! Read more on the beloved egg – Eggs are The Perfect Food
Egg salad is one of those comfort foods that provides a perfect filling for any sandwich, croissant or hard roll. So let’s move on to the first steps of making this delicious egg salad:
Ingredients Needed for Egg Salad with Bacon
- 4 eggs – preferable organic eggs
- 4 slices of bacon – thin or thick sliced bacon will work
- 3 – 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley, for garnish
How to Make Easy Egg Salad with Added Bacon
Quick steps to making perfect bacon egg salad:
- In a medium sized pot, bring water to a boil.
- Cook the eggs for 8 -10 minutes
- In the meantime, cook the bacon until crispy, then dice in small pieces.
- Slice the egg, then flip the egg one quarter and slice again. Then add sliced egg to a bowl. Season with a small amount of salt and pepper.
- Add the mayonnaise and mustard. Season again with a small amount of salt and pepper, to taste. Mix until well combined.
- Add the diced bacon and chopped parsley, mix until well combined.
Serve Egg Salad with Bacon on Your Favorite Toast. Add some sliced tomato or avocado to the sandwich as well.
Great Side for Egg Salad Would Be:
- Fresh Fruit Salad
- Warm Bowl of Soup – Meatball Soup Recipe
- Healthy Tossed Salad
Easy and Delicious Egg Salad with Bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 - 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish
In a medium sized pot, bring water to a boil.
Cook the eggs for 8 -10 minutes (hard boiled)
In the meantime, cook the bacon until crispy, then dice in small pieces.
Slice the egg, then flip the egg one quarter and slice again. Then add sliced egg to a bowl.
Add the mayonnaise and mustard. And season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix until well combined.
Add the diced bacon and chopped parsley, mix until well combined.
Serve Your Egg and Bacon Salad on Toast as an Egg Salad Sandwich
Ingredients and Tools Needed To Make The Best Hard Boiled Eggs:
- Eggs – organic if possible
- Saucepan or pot
- Slotted spoon or tongs
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs:
Start with Fresh Eggs – Use eggs that are relatively fresh. The fresher the eggs, the harder they are to peel after boiling.
Bring Eggs to Room Temperature – If you have time, allow the eggs to come to room temperature before boiling. This helps prevent cracking.
Pan of Water – Place the eggs in a single layer in a saucepan or pot. Add enough water to cover the eggs by about an inch. Bring the water to a rolling boil over high heat.
Reduce Heat – Reduce the heat to medium-high to maintain a gentle boil.
Cooking Time for Hard Boiled Eggs:
For hard-boiled eggs with a fully set yolk, cook for about 9-12 minutes. The exact time depends on the size of the eggs and how well-done you want the yolk.
- 9 minutes for small eggs
- 10 minutes for medium eggs
- 12 minutes for large eggs
Prepare an Ice Bath – While the eggs are cooking, prepare a bowl with ice water. Once the eggs are done, use a slotted spoon or tongs to transfer them to the ice bath immediately. This helps stop the cooking process and makes peeling easier. If you do not have time, you can skip this step and after draining the cooking water from the pan, add cold water back to the pan and let sit for a couple of minutes. You can easily peel eggs while the eggs are still warm.
Peeling Hard Boiled Eggs – Gently tap each egg on a hard surface to crack the shell, then roll it between your hands to loosen the shell. Peel the shell, starting at the wider end where there’s usually an air pocket. Next, see how to make crispy bacon!
How to Cook the Bacon for The Egg Salad
- Place the bacon in the pan while it’s still cold. This helps the fat render more evenly.
- Lay the bacon slices in a single layer in the cold pan. Make sure they are not overlapping to ensure even cooking.
- Turn the heat to medium. Cooking bacon over medium heat allows the fat to render without burning the bacon.
- Cook the bacon for about 4-6 minutes on the first side. The exact time will depend on the thickness of the bacon and your desired level of crispiness.
- Once the first side is browned and crisped to your liking, use tongs to flip the bacon slices.
- Continue cooking for an additional 4-6 minutes on the second side, or until it reaches your desired level of crispiness.
- Drain Any Excess Fat: If there’s excess fat in the pan, you can carefully tilt the pan and use a paper towel to soak up some of the fat.
- Transfer Cooked Bacon to Paper Towels – Once the bacon is cooked to your liking, transfer it to a plate lined with paper towels to drain any remaining fat.
How to Easily Slice Eggs
Using an egg slicer is an easy way to slice eggs. Egg slicers are affordable and easy to clean.