We love serving and eating tuna fish with egg and celery for lunch because it’s a healthy choice for mid-day to keep you feeling full all day long. Tuna fish is loaded with protein and eating a sandwich with additional lettuce and tomato is a powerhouse of nutrients. Learn how to make the best recipe for tuna egg salad!
Best Tuna Fish Salad Recipe with Egg
There’s tuna fish salad .. and then there’s the best tuna fish salad that’s a little extra warm & extra delicious!
One thing we pride ourselves on is making the best tuna fish salad that can actually substitute as comfort food.
Yes, comfort foods are “big” right now, and while you might not expect tuna salad to be on that list, just wait until you’ve tried this tuna salad recipe.
- Start with the best eggs you can find. You can read more about that right here —> choosing the best eggs
- Hard boil those eggs until cooked through. You can read more about that right here –> boiling eggs for the beginner cook.
Tips on Making The Best Tuna Fish Salad –
- Make sure you have fresh celery that is nice and crunchy. Always use real mayonnaise if possible.
- Lightly salt the top of the smashed eggs and then put the salt shaker down. Tuna fish itself can be a little salty so don’t add too much. You can always go back and salt more later.
- Buy quality tuna fish if possible.
- Always use warm eggs and mash them like egg salad first.
Ingredients Needed for tuna fish with eggs:
- Can or Packet of Tuna Fish
- Fresh Eggs – organic if possible – hard boil the eggs first
- Fresh Celery
How to make tuna fish with eggs:
Step 1. Hard boil the eggs first. Peel the eggs while they are still warm and mash them with a fork until it almost resembles egg salad. Salt and pepper the eggs and stir until well combined.
Step 2. Take your 1/4 cup of mayonnaise and mix in with the egg. This mixture should resemble egg salad.
Step 3. Add the chopped fresh celery and sprinkle a tiny bit of salt on top; mix again until well combined. This makes a great creamy egg salad.
Step 4. Now add the tuna fish and mix lightly using a fork. Don’t add more salt, but do add more mayonnaise if needed.
If you followed all these steps, you now have the best tuna salad with eggs that is warm and comforting!
Learn How To Make the Best Tuna Fish Salad with Egg and Celery.
- 2 hard boiled eggs still warm
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons crisp celery chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise real mayonnaise
- 6.4 oz. package of tuna fish in water
Cook eggs until hard boiled - about 11 minutes
Mash warm eggs using the back of a fork.
Lightly salt and pepper eggs.
Add mayonnaise and mix through the eggs.
Mix in the celery.
Add the tuna fish and mix again until well combined.
Add additional mayonnaise if necessary.
*if using canned tuna fish make sure to drain well before using.
What to Serve Your Fresh Tuna Salad On:
- White Toast – or your favorite bread
- Mini Slider Buns – yum, serve little hand-held sandwiches to the kids
- Croissants – you can also buy mini croissants
- Lettuce Leaves – save some carbs and calories
- Wraps – flour tortillas with a little lettuce and tomato
- Lettuce & Tomato
- Swiss Cheese
What to Serve with Your Fresh Tuna Salad: