Best Tuna Fish Salad Recipe with Egg
There’s tuna fish salad .. and then there’s the best tuna fish salad that’s a little extra warm & extra delicious!
One thing we pride ourselves on is making the best tuna fish salad that can actually substitute as comfort food.
Yes, comfort foods are “big” right now, and while you might not expect tuna salad to be on that list, just wait until you’ve tried this tuna salad recipe.
Start with the best eggs you can find. You can read more about that right here —> choosing the best eggs
Hard boil those eggs until cooked through. You can read more about that right here –> boiling eggs for the beginner cook.
Tips on Making The Best Tuna Fish Salad
- Make sure you have fresh celery that is nice and crunchy. Always use real mayonnaise if possible.
- Lightly salt the top of the smashed eggs and then put the salt shaker down. Tuna fish itself can be a little salty so don’t add too much. You can always go back and salt more later.
- Buy quality tuna fish if possible.
- Always use warm eggs and mash them like egg salad first.
Step 1. Peel the eggs while they are still hot and mash them with a fork until it almost resembles egg salad. Salt and pepper the eggs and stir until well combined.
Step 2. Take your 1/4 cup of mayonnaise and mix in with the egg.
Step 3. Add the chopped fresh celery and sprinkle a tiny bit of salt on top; mix again until well combined.
Step 4. Now add the tuna fish and mix lightly using a fork. Don’t add more salt, but do add more mayonnaise if needed.
If you followed all these steps, you now have the best tuna salad that is warm and comforting!
Learn How To Make the Best Tuna Fish Salad with Egg and Celery.
- 2 hard boiled eggs still warm
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons crisp celery chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise real mayonnaise
- 6.4 oz. package of tuna fish in water
Cook eggs until hard boiled - about 11 minutes
Mash warm eggs using the back of a fork.
Lightly salt and pepper eggs.
Add mayonnaise and mix through the eggs.
Mix in the celery.
Add the tuna fish and mix again until well combined.
Add additional mayonnaise if necessary.
*if using canned tuna fish make sure to drain well before using.
Read More On — > Is Canned Tuna Fish a Healthy Food Choice