Next time you are pondering what would make a great side dish – try this easy Caesar Salad recipe that is made in a bag.
How to Make a Delicious and Fresh Caesar Salad.
This salad is so simple to prepare and turns out really delicious because the dressing coats the lettuce so well by using a large resealable bag to hold the lettuce.
What You Need To Make Caeser Salad in a Bag
- Large Resealable Bag
- Head of Romaine Lettuce – purchase organic Romain lettuce
- 1/2 cup Caesar Salad Dressing – Our favorite is Ken’s Caesar Salad Dressing
- Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
How to Make an Easy Caesar Salad in a Bag
- Clean and prep your romaine lettuce. Cut the end off of the lettuce and separate the leaves for easy and thorough cleaning.
- Place lettuce in a colander and using the sprayer in your sink, spray each lettuce leaf until free of any dirt or debris.
- Shake dry or use a salad spinner to remove most of the excess water.
- Lay lettuce on a cutting board and cut into smaller pieces using a sharp knife.
- Lightly salt lettuce.
- Place lettuce in a large reseable bag and add the salad dressing.
- Shake bag gently from side to side and upside down until dressing coats the lettuce leaves.
- Pour lettuce into a serving bowl and sprinkle with additional salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese and top with croutons.
What Ingredients Typically Make Up a Caesar Salad
Caser Salad Dressing
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
What Other Ingredients Could I add to this Caesar Salad Made in a Bag
Onions – sweet onions or red onions, pick your favorite and add to the bag with the lettuce.
Hard Boiled Eggs
Sliced Cooked Chicken Breast
Lemon & Olive Oil
How to Make Homemade Caesar Dressing
CAESAR SALAD DRESSING
1 egg yolk (or 2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise)
1- 1 1/2 T. Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1 anchovie (optional)
1/4 tsp. salt
juice of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup olive oil
Place all ingredients except olive oil in a blender or food processor. Pulse a few seconds until blended. Add the olive oil, a little at a time, making sure all ingredients are mixing well. Once blended, store in refrigerator until ready to use.
What is The Best Bottles Caesar Salad Dressing
We love Ken’s Creamy Caesar and Newman’s Own Creamy Caesar Bottled Dressing. Both are awesome brands of salad dressings. If we had to pick our personal favorite it would have to be the Ken’s Dressing Brand!
Why We Love Romaine Lettuce
Besides being low in calories and high in fiber, we love romaine lettuce because it has tons of nutrients: Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Calcium and Magnesium.
What Wine Pairs well With a Caesar Salad
You can’t go wrong with a good bottle of Chardonnay or Riesling wine. Also we love to serve a good Pinot Noir.
You Will Also Love Some of Our Other Favorite Salads