Low Carb Spaghetti Meat Sauce over Green Beans
This may seem like an odd combination, but if you enjoy green beans and have a love for spaghetti meat sauce, then this is a great meal for you! It’s clean, healthy and delicious without adding the carb load that we normally get from eating big plates of pasta.
You can definitely cook up some noodles or pasta for the kids, but this is a great way to show that a meal can be delicious and nutritious while being low carb at the same time.
This is also a great meal for families that are trying to lose weight or get a little healthier together.
Eat a little leaner with this delicious sauce over a plate of green beans
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or other ground meat of choice
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 bags frozen french-style green beans
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt & pepper
- Cook green beans according to package directions. Drain beans and put back in the pan.
- Add butter, salt & pepper to the green beans.
- In a large skillet, saute onions in olive oil until soft, adding garlic during the last 30 seconds of cooking.
Add ground beef to the skillet and cook until beef is cooked through with no pink. Drain any grease.
- Add tomato sauce, basil, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper to the skillet.
- Stir and simmer for about 10- minutes.
- Serve over green beans.
Have you been craving a big plate of spaghetti with meat sauce but don’t want all the carbohydrates that come along with a pasta dish? Try this simple fix! A delicious plate of lightly buttered green beans with a filling meat sauce on top.