Easy and Delicious Beef and Broccoli with Noodles
Delicious doesn’t have to mean difficult ingredients with a ton of cooking steps. This beef and broccoli with noodles is made with simple ingredients, easy-to-follow cooking steps, all resulting in a scrumptious meal.
We love adding Soba noodles to beef and broccoli to make this a complete and healthy meal. Soba noodles are healthy to eat because they are light and airy and packed with fiber. Not a heavy meal compared to regular pasta noodles. Not to mention some Soba noodles only take 4 minutes to cook!
Using a very sharp knife, slice the steak into thin strips and then into cubes.
Easy beef and broccoli that can be cooked in 30 minutes or less. Serve over healthy and delicious Soba noodles.
- 1/2 lb. flank steak, sliced and cut into cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 10 oz. Soba noodles
- sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place beef cubes into a bowl and sprinkle with a few teaspoons of sesame oil and soy sauce. Stir through and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Once the noodles have been drained, rinse with a little cold water to prevent sticking. Add the noodles back to the pan and sprinkle with a few teaspoons of Sesame oil and soy sauce. Gently stir to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, beef broth, sesame oil, salt and cornstarch.
Using high heat, heat oil in a medium skillet until nice and hot. Add the steak to the skillet and cook about 3 minutes, or until steak is almost cooked through, Add the garlic to the pan and cook an additional 30 seconds. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Move cooked beef to a plate and add the broccoli to the same skillet with 1/4 cup of chicken broth. Bring to a light boil; cover and reduce heat and cook broccoli for about 3 minutes.
- Add beef back to the skillet along with the sauce mixture; stir to combine and cook on medium-high for about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Add the noodles and gently toss.
***Have a little extra soy sauce and sesame oil to flavor the meat and noodles.
By adding the beef and broccoli to the Soba noodles, you are able to cut the amount of beef you need to purchase to 1/2 lb. That is a pretty big savings for the beef which makes this recipe much more affordable..
Everyone loves this simple beef and broccoli recipe that is healthy and full or flavor. You definitely don’t have to add the sesame seeds, but they do add a nice touch to the dish. You can also toast the sesame seeds before adding.
Try to buy organic broccoli if possible and wash thoroughly. We only use the “florets” for beef and broccoli but you can add some of the stems chopped up to this dish as well.