Pork Chops and Sauerkraut Cooked in the Crockpot
When the temperature starts to dip down into the 20’s and 30’s here in Pittsburgh, Pa, thoughts of dinner start to turn to yummy pork and sauerkraut cooked right in the crockpot. It just doesn’t get any easier than that!
You don’t need to brown anything or even get out a pan to make this crockpot pork and kraut recipe.
A delicious layering of brown sugar, onions, and then finished off with just a little butter is what makes this dinner so great.
Serve the Pork Chops and Sauerkraut over Mashed Potatoes!
- 1 32 oz. Jar of Snowfloss Kraut - Polish Style
- 4 Boneless Pork Chops
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar plus a little extra
- 2 tablespoons butter cut into small pieces
- 1 medium onion sliced thick
Place half of the onions on the bottom of the crockpot followed by half of the sauerkraut.
Sprinkle half of the brown sugar on top of the sauerkraut.
Lightly salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops and lay them on top of the sauerkraut layer.
Lay the rest of the onions on the pork chops, followed by more brown sugar.
Finish with the rest of the sauerkraut,
Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
Finish by gently moving the pork chops to the top of the crockpot and adding the butter and a small amount of brown sugar to the chops.
Let cook until butter melts.
Pork Chops and Sauerkraut Recipe Tips –
- We love the Polish Style Snowfloss Kraut because it comes with caraway seeds. We also love that it’s in a glass jar so no need to worry about the metal can.
- If you use another brand of sauerkraut, just add about 1/2 tablespoon caraway seeds.
- If you have some non-sauerkraut lovers in your family, the pork chops actually make delicious pulled pork sandwiches. Just shred some of the pork and mix with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- We always serve this dinner over mashed potatoes … how to make the best mashed potatoes.
What to Brown That Pork in That goes from Stovetop to Oven and is Reasonably Priced?
How about this beautiful Zelancio 3 Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven Cooking Dish –Zelancio 3 Quart Cast Iron Enamel Covered Dutch Oven Cooking Dish with Skillet Lid (Tangerine Orange)