How to Make Pulled Pork Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls
One of our new favorite dinners is pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw. We love making pulled pork sliders on yummy slider rolls or on our favorite sweet Hawaiian rolls!
These pulled pork sliders have melted Mozzarella cheese and fresh coleslaw served on the side or right on the sandwich. You decide what you prefer! We love it both ways.
We love using sweet yummy Hawaiian rolls for this recipe, but you could also use potato buns as well.
Simple and delicious dinner to prepare - pulled pork sliders
- 1-1/2 lbs. BBQ Pulled Pork
- 1 (12 oz.) package Hawaiian buns
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon Sesame seeds or poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups coleslaw
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut buns in half horizontally and place the bottom half in a baking dish. If you like mayo on your sandwiches, spead a layer on the top buns.
Spread pulled pork evenly over the bottom buns. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.
Place the top buns over the pulled pork and cheese. Mix the melted butter with garlic powder and brush over the top buns. Sprinkle buttered buns with your choice of seeds.
Bake covered for 15-20 minutes, uncover and bake for 5 minutes, carefully not to burn.
How to Make Pulled Pork Sliders using Hawaiian Rolls:
- Cut the rolls on the diagonal and leave both the top and bottom rolls intact.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls into a casserole dish.
- Spoon the BBQ Pork on top of the rolls and spread using a fork.
- Sprinkle pork with the Mozzarella cheese.
- Place the top of the rolls on the pork and cheese.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Bake covered for about 20 minutes, bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
A mixture of melted butter and garlic powder is brushed on the top of the buns.
Baking the additional 5 minutes uncovered leaves the top of the buns nice and golden brown.
How to Make Easy Pulled Pork in your Slow Cooker
- 3 lb.boneless pork roast
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
In small bowl, stir together garlic powder, salt and brown sugar.
- Place pork in slow cooker and sprinkle with soy sauce.
- Rub in spice mixture to top and sides of pork.
- Add the pineapple juice to the sides of the crockpot.
- Cook pork on Low for 7 to 8 hours or High 3 to 4 hours, until pork is cooked through and easy to pull apart.
- Use 2 forks to shred pork. Drain any excess liquid that is still in the slow cooker.
- Stir in barbecue sauce and mix through. Cook on high for about 10 additional minutes or until hot.
Cook a pork roast and use some for the BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. Freeze the rest or use in another recipe.
How Long will Pulled Pork Last in the Freezer?
About 4-5 months if sealed properly
You will also Love More of our Family Friendly Recipes!