Spaghetti Bolognaise – Best Meat Sauce Recipe – Served over Spaghetti in a Creamy Cheese Sauce
A meal that will bring them sprinting to the dinner table – delicious Spaghetti Bolognaise served with spaghetti in a creamy cheese sauce that is super simple to prepare.
We love home cooked meals and this Bolognaise meat sauce recipe with creamy cheese noodles is over the top yummy. If you have something to celebrate, or just want something deliciously different for dinner, give this pasta recipe a try!
A typical Bolognaise sauce has a deep red wine and carrots added to the sauce for extra flavor. In this recipe we used a Cabernet Sauvignon wine, but you could use any red wine that you like.
The whole famiy will be loving you when you make this Spaghetti Bolognaise Recipe
- 3/4 lb. spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons basil
Brown the ground beef with the onions, garlic and carrots in the olive oil. When beef is well browned, drain off any grease. Salt and pepper the beef as it browns.
Add the red wine to the browned beef and let simmer for about 3-4 minutes, or until wine has cooked off.
Stir in the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, stir to combine then sprinkle with the sugar and basil. Sprinkle again lightly with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
Let sauce simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
While the sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to package directions, drain but do not put back in the pan.
Melt the cream cheese with the milk in the same pan the pasta cooked in. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and a few shakes of salt and pepper.
Gently stir in the cooked and drained spaghetti noodles. Stir until well coated.
Serve spaghetti with Bolognaise sauce on top and some extra Parmesan cheese.
It’s easy to make this light cheese sauce, you can add a little more cream cheese as you go. Add extra milk if needed as well. Don’t forget to lightly salt and pepper the sauce.
Gently stir the pasta until well coated with the sauce. You can also add a little bit of butter to the sauce to make it totally decadent.
Spaghetti Bolognaise is one of our favorite comfort meals to prepare. The spaghetti is lightly coated with a cheese sauce and the tomato sauce is zesty and delicious.
Left over pasta will keep well and heats up the next day easily.
Tips on Making this Delicious Spaghetti Bolognaise
- Use one small carrot that has been cleaned, peeled and shredded with a grater.
- Use your favorite brand of red wine. The red wine cooks right into the beef and then cooks away, adding flavor but little to no alcohol.
- Use petite diced tomatoes – small pieces of tomatoes work well in this sauce.
- Cook for 20 minutes or longer, add a little beef broth if sauce gets too thick.
- Always sprinkle salt and pepper in layers.
- Use regular spaghetti or thin spaghetti
- Serve with your favorite wine like White Zinfandel.
- Seriously enjoy this dinner!
You will also love more of our easy family recipes –