This is probably one of our most favorite recipes – spaghetti with a quick and easy bolognaise sauce mixed with yummy creamy noodles. It doesn’t get any better than this!
Learn How to Make our Favorite Spaghetti Bolognaise Recipe that your Family will Love with Just a Few Ingredients.
Spaghetti with a Meaty Bolognaise Sauce – Best Meat Sauce Recipe – Served over Spaghetti in a Creamy Cheese Sauce
A meal that will bring them sprinting to the dinner table – delicious Spaghetti Bolognaise served with spaghetti in a creamy cheese sauce that is super simple to prepare.
We love home cooked meals and this Bolognaise meat sauce recipe with creamy cheese noodles is over the top yummy. If you have something to celebrate, or just want something deliciously different for dinner, give this pasta recipe a try!
A typical Bolognaise sauce has a deep red wine and carrots added to the sauce for extra flavor. In this recipe we used a Cabernet Sauvignon wine, but you could use any red wine that you like.
The whole famiy will be loving you when you make this Spaghetti Bolognaise Recipe
- 3/4 lb. spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons basil
Brown the ground beef with the onions, garlic and carrots in the olive oil. When beef is well browned, drain off any grease. Salt and pepper the beef as it browns.
Add the red wine to the browned beef and let simmer for about 3-4 minutes, or until wine has cooked off.
Stir in the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, stir to combine then sprinkle with the sugar and basil. Sprinkle again lightly with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
Let sauce simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
While the sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to package directions, drain but do not put back in the pan.
Melt the cream cheese with the milk in the same pan the pasta cooked in. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and a few shakes of salt and pepper.
Gently stir in the cooked and drained spaghetti noodles. Stir until well coated.
Serve spaghetti with Bolognaise sauce on top and some extra Parmesan cheese.
It’s easy to make this light cheese sauce, you can add a little more cream cheese as you go. Add extra milk if needed as well. Don’t forget to lightly salt and pepper the sauce.
Gently stir the pasta until well coated with the sauce. You can also add a little bit of butter to the sauce to make it totally decadent.
Spaghetti Bolognaise is one of our favorite comfort meals to prepare. The spaghetti is lightly coated with a cheese sauce and the tomato sauce is zesty and delicious. You can also use crushed tomatoes instead of the tomato sauce. If the sauce gets too thick add a little beef stock.
Can You Freese Your Bolognaise Sauce
Yes, this sauce freezes very well. You can also double the recipe and freeze half. Store in an airtight freezer container for up to 1 month. Let sauce defrost overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave.
What to Do with Leftovers?
Store in an airtight container and this pasta recipe will keep for about 5 days to serve later in the week.
Serve for lunch or pack in your to go lunch.
Leftover pasta will keep well and heats up easily the next day.
Tips on Making this Delicious Spaghetti Bolognaise
- Use one small carrot that has been cleaned, peeled and shredded with a grater.
- Use your favorite brand of red wine. The red wine cooks right into the beef and then cooks away, adding flavor but little to no alcohol.
- Use petite diced tomatoes – small pieces of tomatoes work well in this sauce.
- Cook for 20 minutes or longer, add a little beef broth if sauce gets too thick.
- Always sprinkle salt and pepper in layers.
- Use regular spaghetti or thin spaghetti
- Serve with your favorite wine like White Zinfandel.
- Seriously enjoy this dinner!
Change it Up!
- You can use ground turkey as well if you are not a beef eater. Do not use ground chicken breast as it cooks up a little of the dry side. When cooking with ground turkey breast, skip the extra lean. You can also use ground pork as well.
- Use another shape of pasta instead of spaghetti. You can also serve with a wholewheat pasta.
- Add some fried mushrooms with a splash of Worcestershire Sauce.
What to Serve with This Delicious Pasta Recipe?
Tossed Salad or easy Caesar salad
Warm Bread and Butter
You will also love more of our easy family recipes – Pasta Recipes are Easy on the Budget!