Yellow Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe
Try this fantastic Yellow Coconut Curry Chicken over rice. You’re family won’t believe you made this meal yourself!
Never be afraid to try new and healthy dishes for you and your family.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1-1/4 lb. boneless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 yellow onion cubed
- 2 yellow zucchini/squash cubed
- 1 yellow yam softened in the microwave and cubed
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of coarse salt
- 1 can of coconut milk shaken
- 1 cup of yellow grape tomatoes
- Cilantro for garnish optional
Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan, skillet or wok
Add chicken and cook until brown on all sides.
Remove chicken and set aside
Add onion and zucchini/squash and sauté for about 3-4 minutes.
Add the minced garlic during the last 30 seconds.
Sprinkle curry powder, paprika, and salt over vegetables and stir to coat.
Add the chicken and coconut milk back to pan and bring to a soft boil
Cover and simmer for approximately 25 minutes
Add yams and tomatoes and simmer for another 5 minutes
Serve over rice and garnish with fresh cilantro
- Peel and cube the yellow yam and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 4 minutes or until the yams are soft.
- You can also try adding some pineapple chunks to the Coconut Curry Chicken for some delicious flavor. Just add with the yams and tomatoes at the end.
- Serve over your favorite rice or a big serving of quinoa.
As always, if you have any questions just let me know!