CrockPot Tuscan Soup with Sausage and Potatoes
This rustic and hearty slow cooked Tuscan soup is substantial enough to serve as a main course and is made right in your crockpot to simmer its deliciousness all day long.
The sausage and seasonings add a lot of flavor, while chunks of potato make for a satisfying meal. Pair with a crisp, green side salad and dinner is served!
This is a great soup to cook during the fall and winter months when the weather turns chilly and damp. This is a warm and comforting soup that will keep you loved and filled all night long.
One thing about us is that we love our CROCKPOT SOUPS! Try our delicious CrockPot Wedding Soup!
Easy Crockpot Soup with Sausage and Potatoes for a delicious family meal.
- 4 oz. pancetta cubed
- 2 lbs. bulk mild sausage
- 2 (15 oz.) cans cannellini beans*
- 6-7 cups chicken stock, divided
- 1 T. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic. finely minced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 lbs. Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 3 ” hard Parmesan cheese rind
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 3 cup fresh kale, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Brown pancetta in large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 or 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sausage to the same skillet and brown, breaking it up into small bite-sized chunks with a spatula while it cooks.
Remove from heat and carefully drain excess fat from pan. Transfer pancetta and sausage to a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker crock.
Puree one can of cannellini beans (undrained) in a blender or food processor. Drain and rinse the other can of cannellini beans and add the puree and whole beans to slow cooker crock.
Add 6 cups chicken stock, red pepper flakes, chopped onion, potatoes, and Parmesan cheese rind to crock and stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7.
Remove lid and add half and half, kale, freshly grated Parmesan cheese and remaining chicken stock, if necessary, to achieve the desired consistency.
Stir to combine and allow 5-10 minutes for kale to soften before serving.
Crockpot Soup Tips:
– For less salt, drain and rinse both cans of cannellini beans before pureeing one can with a little water.
– Temper the half and half by adding a little bit of the hot liquid to it before stirring it into the slow cooker crock.
– A good substitute for pancetta would be bacon, Canadian bacon, prosciutto or smoked ham.