Can you say yum and healthy in the same sentence? Well, you can with these delicious ground turkey burger sliders with white beans and slather of BBQ sauce.
Turkey Burger Sliders with Ground Turkey, White Beans and BBQ Sauce
No matter which way you eat these delicious ground turkey sliders, on a bun or on a plate of lettuce, you are going to love them. Healthy and tasty with a big burger taste and lower in calories than their counterpart the beef burger!
Beans are a great way to stretch meat dishes. By adding mashed beans, you get more burger and also more protein in every bite.
We love making these turkey sliders for a healthy dinner or lunch because they are not only delicious, but easy on the budget. If you are looking for a budget-friendly family dinner, try these easy turkey burgers on a slider bun or on a bed of lettuce with a side of sliced tomatoes. Make sure to have some fresh fruit and you will have a complete meal!
What Ingredients are Needed for Ground Turkey Sliders:
- Lean Ground Turkey – pick 85% lean
- Olive Oil – extra virgin olive oil
- White Beans – northern white beans
- Breadcrumbs – basic breadcrumbs
- Egg – organic eggs
- BBQ Sauce – your favorite bbq sauce
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Don’t forget the salt and pepper!
How to Make Ground Turkey Sliders
- Mash the white beans using a potato masher or a large fork.
- Add together the mashed beans, ground turkey, egg and breadcrumbs.
- Gently mix using your hands and form into small patties.
- Add olive oil to a skillet and bring to medium-high heat.
- Add the patties and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Brush each ground turkey patty with BBQ Sauce
Delicious and Healthy Ground Turkey and Bean Sliders
- 1 16 oz. package of ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can northern white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 small egg
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Mash beans with a potato masher and sprinkle with garlic salt, onion powder and salt.
Add mashed beans with the ground turkey, egg and breadcrumbs.
Mix gently using your hands.
Form into small patties.
Add olive oil to a skillet and bring to medium high heat.
Cook patties for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Brush each patty with BBQ sauce while cooking.
We love using northern white beans, but you can use any white bean you like. Sprinkle beans with a little salt, garlic powder and onion powder. Use a potato masher to mash the beans or a large fork.
You want a little bit of a browned and crispy crust on both sides of the turkey burgers. We like to cover the skillet with a lid for a few minutes to make sure the turkey is cooked through.
A little pop of BBQ sauce really adds a nice flavor to the finished ground turkey burger sliders.
What to Serve with Ground Turkey Sliders –
Ground turkey sliders on a slider bun can be served with coleslaw or potato or macaroni salad.
Fresh fruit makes an excellent choice or a fresh fruit cup. Use fruits that are in season for more flavor.
If you are serving ground turkey burgers on a bed of lettuce instead of a bun, serve with some Oven Roasted RedSkin Potatoes with Herbs
Ground Turkey Sliders Suggestions –
- We love using ground turkey because it’s lower in fat and healthier than most meats.
- Don’t overmix the meat. Gently mix meat until everything is combined.
- To make sure the turkey burgers are cooked safely, always insert a thermometer into the center section of the burger and check to make sure the temperature registers 165°.
What is the Best Ground Turkey to Buy?
Always opt for the 85% lean ground turkey instead of extra lean for a juicier and tastier burger. Do not use ground turkey breast.
You will Also Love Some of Our Favorite Family Recipes:
Ground Turkey Bolognese Recipe
Turkey Zucchini Burgers
Turkey Oatmeal Meatballs
If you love ground turkey recipes, you will love these easy turkey zucchini meatballs! YUM