This recipe for Turkey Apple Meatloaf is a great way to step away from beef but still enjoy one of your favorite recipes! Kids will love this glazed turkey meatloaf recipe with all of their favorite ingredients. Turkey meatloaf with bits of apple is a healthy dinner that everyone will enjoy.
Turkey Apple Meatloaf
Turkey Apple Meatloaf with Tomato Honey Glaze
Delicious, healthy and low in fat! This meatloaf uses a combination of Granny Smith apples and honey to make a healthy yet delicious turkey meatloaf the whole family will enjoy!
Clean eating does not have to be bland nor disappointing. Dinners can be made fresh and tasty with just a few ingredients that contain nothing artificial.
Kids love apples and honey and are sure to love this extra healthy meatloaf! You will definitely have a delicious dinner, and no one will be disappointed.
Ingredients Needed for Turkey Meatloaf:
- Ground turkey – 85% Lean works best
- Yellow onion
- Granny Smith apple
- Seasoned breadcrumbs
- Tomato sauce
- Dried parsley
- Garlic powder
Healthy and Happy Turkey Apple Meatloaf - A Delicious Meatloaf your Family will Love.
- 1 lb. 85% lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, grated on large holes of a grater
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and grated on large holes of a grater
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients with the exception of the tomato sauce and the honey.
Cover a cookie sheet with foil and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
Place turkey mixture on the cookie sheet and shape into a loaf.
Mix 4 tablespoons of tomato sauce with 1 tablespoon of honey and spread over top of meatloaf.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through.
Heat the leftover tomato sauce and honey to make a delicious dipping sauce.
We love meatloaf and sometimes it’s nice to use ground turkey instead of beef to change things up a bit. This may become your new favorite meatloaf recipe. You can spray the foil with nonstick spray.
How to Easily Form a Meatloaf: Place all of the meat on the cookie sheet. Using your hands, gently form the turkey into a loaf shape and glaze.
Sometimes when the meatloaf is cooling, we like to add a little ketchup smile! : )
What Ground Turkey to Use in this Turkey Meatloaf?
There are different fat variations of meatloaf available at the grocery store. We like to use 85% lean and 15% fat for more flavor and a moister meatloaf.
What To Serve with Turkey Apple Meatloaf?
- Mashed Potatoes – How to Make the Best Mashed Potatoes
- Parmesan Crusted Potatoes
- Steamed Asparagus
- Roasted Potatoes – try our awesome Oven Roasted RedSkin Potatoes with Herbs or our Sheet Pan Potatoes and Green Beans
- Roasted Broccoli
Turkey Apple Meatloaf Tips:
- You can make the meatloaf mixture a few hours in advance and bake when you are ready.
- Don’t over mix the meatloaf .
- Make extra and freeze the rest. Just slice the cooled meatloaf and wrap tight in foil and freeze for up to 2 months.
Do You Love Meatloaf?