Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita or Chicken Taco Meat
Simply cooking some whole chicken breasts in the crockpot or slow cooker, sprinkled with a little taco or fajita seasoning, opens up a ton of new & easy dinner ideas that your family will love!
These slow cooker fajita chicken breasts are simply amazing and will be added to your weekly menu for sure! #YUM #DELICIOUS
This is such a simple way to cook chicken that is not only tender and moist, but shreds beautifully with a fork.
Whole chicken breasts vs. boneless chicken breasts are typically must cheaper to purchase because they need less work to process. So this is a great option when trying to slim down that grocery bill!
Make as much as you want and freeze some to use later in your favorite recipes. This taco/fajita chicken makes an excellent chicken salad so add some to your lunch greens for a low fat healthy lunch. Make crunchy or soft chicken tacos and chicken fajitas.
Toss shredded chicken with cooked spaghetti and shredded cheese for a delicious fajita pasta.
Chicken Fajita seasoning or taco mix works well sprinkled on chicken and slow cooked. Don’t forget the lime!
Healthy and Tasty Chicken Fajita Meat made in the Crockpot
- 1 package of fajita mix or taco mix
- 1 lime
- 1 2-1/2 or 3 lb.package bone-in whole chicken breasts (2 or 3 breasts)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
Squeeze the juice from the lime over the chicken breasts.
Sprinkle lightly with fajita or taco seasoning. (about 1 tablespoon)
Lay chicken in crockpot breast side up.
Pour chicken broth around the sides of the chicken.
Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6.
- Get to know your crockpot and how long it takes to cook chicken through. Times will definitely vary so always use a thermometer if unsure.
- Using a little bit of chicken broth will help keep the chicken moist and tender.
- You can add onions, red pepper, green pepper, or orange peppers to the crockpot with the chicken. Simply sprinkle the onions on the bottom of the crockpot, followed by pepper slices, followed by the chicken. Sprinkle a little seasoning on the onions and peppers. Add the chicken broth as directed above.
- We use McCormick’s Fajita seasoning because it has the lowest in sodium content but you can definitely make your own home made seasoning.
Make Your Own Home Made Seasoning –
Taco/Fajita Seasoning –
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Stir everything together until well blended and store in an airtight jar.
Try these delicious Chicken Fajita Wraps —> Chicken Fajita Wraps