Sauteed Shrimp with Beans and Baby Spinach
If you’re looking for a simple, healthy, low fat shrimp recipe that’s quick and easy to make, look no further than this delicious recipe.
- 1 lb.uncooked Gulf shrimp cleaned, peeled and deveined.
- 1 fresh lemon halved
- 1 tablespoon of Butter
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 box or can of cannellini beans drained
- 1 package of fresh baby spinach
- 1 thinly sliced jalapeño
- salt & pepper to taste
- Sauté garlic and jalapeno in the butter and olive oil.
- Squeeze half of the Lemon Juice into mixture. Add shrimp, squeeze more lemon juice over shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- When shrimp is almost cooked though, add the cannellini beans and fresh baby spinach.
- When the spinach wilts, it's ready to serve.
Serve over Brown Rice or Couscous tossed with Roasted Pine Nuts.