Sauteed Shrimp with Beans and Baby Spinach
If you’re looking for a simple, healthy, low fat shrimp recipe that’s quick and easy to make, look no further than this delicious recipe.
- 1 lb.uncooked Gulf shrimp cleaned, peeled and deveined.
- 1 fresh lemon halved
- 1 tablespoon of Butter
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 box or can of cannellini beans drained
- 1 package of fresh baby spinach
- 1 thinly sliced jalapeño
- salt & pepper to taste
Sauté garlic and jalapeno in the butter and olive oil.
Squeeze half of the Lemon Juice into mixture. Add shrimp, squeeze more lemon juice over shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
When shrimp is almost cooked though, add the cannellini beans and fresh baby spinach.
When the spinach wilts, it's ready to serve.
Serve over Brown Rice or Couscous tossed with Roasted Pine Nuts.