Easy Shrimp Saganaki Recipe
Try something a little different! A Mediterranean shrimp recipe that is healthy and delicious.
If you want to try a delicious and healthy Mediterranean dish – try this easy Shrimp Saganaki recipe. This Shrimp Saganaki is a quick and easy Greek appetizer that is often served with crusty bread to scoop up the savory tomato sauce.
For a gluten-free main course, serve on a bed of cooked zucchini noodles, rice, or quinoa instead.
Try this easy Shrimp Saganaki Recipe for a delicious Mediterranean dish with shrimp.
- 3 tablespoons. extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion. finely chopped
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried Greek oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb. large shrimp, 16/20 ct. shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped and divided
- 4 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion softens and starts to turn golden brown.
- Add white wine to deglaze the bottom of the skillet, scraping up any brown bits with a spatula.
- Reduce heat to medium and add crushed tomatoes, olives, dill, oregano, and red chili flakes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and 2 tablespoons of the parsley. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp just turns pink. Do not overcook the shrimp.
- Remove from heat and adjust seasonings, to taste. To serve, transfer to a serving dish and top with remaining fresh parsley and crumbled Feta cheese. Enjoy!