Shredded Mexican Beef Cooked Perfectly in Your Crockpot
Dinner never tasted so easy when you slow cook this tasty Shredded Mexican Beef in your crockp0t.
This is one of those super easy and incredibly versatile recipes that can be served in so many ways. For example, it’s perfect in classic tacos or lettuce wraps or paired with rice or roasted vegetables. Leftovers can also be added to vegetable soups or mixed green salads for a quick lunch the next day.
This is a great dinner beef recipe when you have a beef roast and want something a little different than the ordinary roast. Something differently delicious.
Serve this delicious Mexican Beef Roast when you would like something a bit different.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 1/2 lbs. beef chuck roast
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 medium jalapeno thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 10 oz. can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 large limes cut into 8 wedges each
- Spray the bottom and sides of 6-quart slow-cooker crock with non-stick cooking spray.
- Generously season the beef with salt and pepper on all sides and place in slow cooker crock. Add all remaining ingredients, cover, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When done cooking, remove lid and shred beef with two forks while still inside the slow cooker. Allow shredded beef to marinate in warm cooking juices for 5 minutes to absorb more flavor.
- Transfer shredded beef from slow cooker to a serving platter with tongs, allowing excess liquid to drain. Top with chopped cilantro and serve immediately with fresh lime wedges and additional cooking juices on the side, if desired. Enjoy!
Tip: For best results, allow meat to cook on low for at least 8 hours.
Look for good sales on chuck roasts at your grocery store and always buy a couple for you freezer.