If you love those fresh little cherry tomatoes raw – then you are going to really love them sautéed. Cooking tomatoes brings out the juicy flavor of sweet summer bliss. So grab a skillet and some olive oil and your little cherry tomatoes and you will have a new favorite way to eat these healthy vegetables.
Sautéed Cherry Tomatoes
Do you love cherry tomatoes but want something a little different other than eating them on your tossed salad?
This sauteed cherry tomato recipe is one of the best ways to use those pints of fresh cherry tomatoes from the farmers market or roadside produce stand.
You will love the wonderful flavors of fresh cherry tomatoes sauteed slowly with garlic and olive oil. Add a little salt, pepper and fresh parsley and you have yourself a start to a great meal. Serve over spaghetti in the evening or breakfast fried eggs!
Start by finding the freshest and tastiest cherry tomatoes you can. A cherry tomato should be bright red, plump and round. Don’t get confused with the grape tomato which is longer in shape and a deeper dark red color. The grape tomatoes have thicker skins and are not the best tomato for this sauteed tomato dish.
During the summer months, fresh garlic is in abundance everywhere, so make sure you grab a couple of fresh bulbs.
Fresh grown parsley is also everywhere, and you can also easily grow your own so there is no reason to go with the freshest possible. You can read more about parsley here –> How to Grow Fresh Parsley at Home.
Sautéed Cherry Tomatoes in Olive Oil
How to make those delicious and fresh sautéed tomatoes –
- Chop 2-3 cloves of fresh garlic. Make sure the garlic is chopped or minced fine.
- Wash 1 pint of cherry tomatoes and cut each tomato in half.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet.
- Add the garlic and cook over low heat for about 2-3 minutes, careful not to burn. Add the cherry tomato halves and 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley to the skillet and saute for about 3-4 minutes.
- Make sure you push the tomatoes around using a spatula while cooking.
- Add a little extra olive oil if serving over pasta.
What to Serve with Sautéed Tomatoes?
- Serve sautéed cherry tomatoes over cooked eggs for a delicious breakfast. Serve with sunny side up eggs and a side of homemade turkey sausage!
- Toss with your favorite pasta – try this recipe of Easy Spaghetti with Garlic and Oil
- Use as a pizza topping
- Great addition to your grain salad
Adding more tomatoes to your diet is healthy because tomatoes are loaded with antioxidants and are rich in vitamins and minerals.
You will also love our healthy Pasta Fredda Recipe with lots of fresh tomatoes and pasta.