Recipe for Fish Tacos with Cod – Chili Lime
One of the tastiest & healthiest white fish you can buy is cod. If you see it on sale, snap it up and make this delicious recipe for fish tacos with cod topped with a delicious chili lime sauce.
Kids like cod because it’s a very mild tasting fish with a light but firm texture. Even adults that don’t enjoy eating fish will like these tacos because of the mixture of mild fish, spices and fresh lime juice.
This recipe for fish tacos with cod is definitely one of our favorites. It’s quick and delicious and goes on the table in about 20 minutes. Fish tacos are popular for a reason! They are nutritious and give us our serving of fish, and at the same time we get our crunchy tasty tacos.
First mix together the sauce for the fish tacos:
Fish Lime Sauce –
1 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard.
1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
Salt & pepper
Lay your cod on a foil lined baking sheet and squeeze the juice of 1/2 fresh lime over top of all. Let this sit for about 5 minutes before brushing on a light layer of olive oil.
- 1 lb. of white fish
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 cloves garlic minced fine
- 2 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- Package of taco shells or flour tortillas
- extra cheese for toppings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay the cod on a foil lined baking sheet
- Squeeze the juice from about 1/2 of a fresh lime on the fish and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Gently rub or brush a small amount of olive oil on the fish.
- Sprinkle fish with chili powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay pieces of the butter on top of the fish and sprinkle with the fresh garlic and cheese.
- Bake fish for about 15 minutes.
Bake the cod in a little chili & garlic powder after marinating in lime juice for about 5-10 minutes.