Pulled Pork Chili Recipe in the Crockpot
Two of your favorite foods come together to make this delicious pulled pork chili recipe that everyone will love. Cold weather tempts us to make more chili , soups and stews, and this chili recipe is just perfect for those days when only a bowl of warm yum will do.
Perfectly seasoned pork will remind you of your favorite pulled pork recipe, combined with all your favorite chili ingredients. Don’t forget the shredded cheese and sour cream!
Two of Your Favorite Foods together in One Bowl!
- 3-1/2 lbs. pork shoulder roast trimmed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4 oz.) can mild green chilies
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion, diced
Combine garlic, cocoa powder, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, Mexican oregano, and salt in a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
Rub pork roast with seasoning mixture on all sides and place in a 5 or 6-quart slower cooker crockpot. Arrange remaining solid ingredients around the pork, then pour the liquid smoke and chicken broth on top. Stir the ingredients on each side of the pork with a fork to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 8. Do not remove lid while cooking.
- When cook time is complete, remove lid and gently pull the pork apart with two forks. Allow the pulled pork to rest in the juices for 10-15 minutes to absorb more flavor, if desired. To serve, top with shredded Mexican cheese, chopped red onion, and/or fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
To serve: Mexican cheese blend, finely shredded Red onion, diced Fresh cilantro, chopped
It’s always nice to come home to warm comforting foods cooking in your crockpot and this chili recipe is no exception.
Start the chili before work and when you get home you will have a complete healthy meal ready and waiting!
You will also love our turkey and black bean chili recipe that is also perfect for chilly days.
Grab Your Chili Pot Now!