Pollo Picado Recipe – Chicken with Green Pepper, Onions and Tomatoes
Chicken with green peppers, onions and tomatoes – what’s not to love about Pollo Picado!
We tossed in a little cream and a few spices and created a tasty little dinner dish that is ready in 30 minutes or less.
This chicken recipe also makes excellent leftovers and heats up nicely for lunch the next day. Serve over rice or scoop into your favorite tortilla with a little side of sour cream.
Pollo Picado is an Easy and Delicious Chicken Recipe The whole Family will Love.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper (about 1 small green pepper)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced find
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Heat oil and butter in a medium-sized skillet.
Add cubed chicken, green pepper, garlic and onion. Saute for about 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked most of the way through. Lightly salt & pepper chicken while it's cooking.
Stir in tomatoes,cream, chili powder and oregano. Bring to a light boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
Sprinkle cheese over top and cook for 1 minute or until cheese has melted.
Gently saute everything together for about 5-6 minutes. Yum, smells really good.
Add the tomatoes and stir through.
Cooking Tips for Polo Picado –
- Try to cute the chicken into cubes that are the same in size so they cook at the same rate.
- Small cubes of chicken don’t take that long to cook. You always want to cook the chicken through for safety reasons, but try not to over cook or the chicken will turn out tough.
- Dice the green pepper into small pieces.
- We always grate our own cheese because it tastes better and melts better.