We love this Pineapple BBQ Chicken recipe cooked in a skillet to perfection. Juicy pieces of chicken along with a savory BBQ sauce and bits of pineapple are key to making this recipe delicious. BBQ and pineapple just naturally work well together.
Pineapple BBQ Chicken Recipe – Boneless Chicken Thighs Cooked Right in Your Skillet – Super Yummy!
Grab those skillets and some chicken thighs to make the best ever Pineapple BBQ Chicken for dinner tonight! No marinating time and simple prep work to make the quick sauce.
This is one of our favorite chicken thigh recipes that uses our own scrumptious brown butter BBQ sauce to create a thick and delicious coating for the chicken.
The secret to this yummy chicken is the chicken cooks in butter and pineapple juice for about 6-7 minutes before coating chicken with the BBQ sauce.
What Ingredients do I need for this Yummy BBQ Pineapple Chicken Recipe?
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- olive oil
- pineapple slices
- brown sugar
- pineapple juice
- soy sauce
One of our favorite chicken thigh recipes - YUM Pineapple BBQ Chicken theh whole family will love
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small can pineapple slices, reserve juice Use a few slices and some of the reserved juice.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken. Place sauce ingredients in a small bowl, stir well and microwave for about 30 seconds.
Using a large skillet with a lid, melt butter with the olive oil over medium-high heat.
Unfold each chicken piece and lay flat in the skillet, smooth side down.
Cook for about 5-6 minutes or until well browned.
Flip the chicken and add 1/4 cup of the reserved pineapple juice to the pan.
Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Flip the chicken again with smooth side up and coat each piece with BBQ sauce. Cut a few slices of pineapple and add to the pan with the chicken.
Cover and cook for about 15 minutes on lower heat.
Uncover and cook for about 5 minutes.
Tips For Making the Best Pineapple BBQ Chicken
- Once the chicken has been browned in butter and oil and cooked in reserved pineapple juice, the sauce is then poured over the chicken.
- Salt and pepper both sides of chicken before cooking.
- Make sure the tops of the chicken are well browned before turning the chicken the first time. This should be done at a medium to high heat.
- We always use pineapple slices vs. pineapple tidbits. The tidbits always seem chewy compared to the softer and juicer pineapple rings. Try both and see what your preference is.
- Use as much or as little pineapple as your family likes. We typically cut up 2-3 rings and then use the rest for snacks or lunches.
- Add any leftover pineapple to a dish of cottage cheese.
Use a large skillet with a lid to cook this chicken recipe. There should be more than enough room for all of the chicken to cook at once. Unfold the chicken before cooking, making sure the top flat parts are well browned.
Why we Love Cooking with Chicken Thighs:
Chicken thighs are one of the tastiest parts of the chicken and never dry out while cooking. They are also one of the cheapest meats to purchase at the grocery store making them part of a money saving meal. If you find chicken thighs on sale, you can freeze them for up to 2 months. Remember if you purchase chicken thighs, they will only last 2 days in your fridge. So, plan accordingly and use them quickly or freeze them.
What to Do with Leftover Pineapple BBQ Chicken
Store leftovers in an airtight glass container in the fridge. Leftover chicken should last about 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave for a quick and easy dinner another night.
What else do we having going on for a cheap and delicious meal – see a few of our other low cost recipes:
What to Serve with Your Pineapple Chicken Recipe –
A delicious meal on the table would be: Pineapple BBQ Chicken with Roasted Red Potatoes and Corn on the Cob.