Pineapple BBQ Chicken – Chicken Thighs Cooked Right in Your Skillet
Grab those skillets and some chicken thighs to make the best ever pineapple bbq chicken for dinner tonight! No marinating time and simple prep work to make the quick sauce.
This is one of our favorite chicken thigh recipes that uses our own scrumptious brown butter BBQ sauce to create a thick and delicious coating for the chicken.
The secret to this yummy chicken is the chicken cooks in butter and pineapple juice for about 6-7 minutes before coating chicken with the sauce.
One of our favorite chicken thigh recipes - YUM Pineapple BBQ Chicken theh whole family will love
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small can pineapple slices, reserve juice Use a few slices and some of the reserved juice.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken. Place sauce ingredients in a small bowl, stir well and microwave for about 30 seconds.
Using a large skillet with a lid, melt butter with the olive oil over medium-high heat.
Unfold each chicken piece and lay flat in the skillet, smooth side down.
Cook for about 5-6 minutes or until well browned.
Flip the chicken and add 1/4 cup of the reserved pineapple juice to the pan.
Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Flip the chicken again with smooth side up and coat each piece with BBQ sauce. Cut a few slices of pineapple and add to the pan with the chicken.
Cover and cook for about 15 minutes on lower heat.
Uncover and cook for about 5 minutes.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST PINEAPPLE BBQ CHICKEN
- Once the chicken has been browned in butter and oil and cooked in reserved pineapple juice, the sauce is then poured over the chicken.
- Salt and pepper both sides of chicken before cooking.
- Make sure the tops of the chicken are well browned before turning the chicken the first time. This should be done at a medium to high heat.
- We always use pineapple slices vs. pineapple tidbits. The tidbits always seem chewy compared to the softer and juicer pineapple rings.
- Use as much or as little pineapple as your family likes. We typically cut up 2-3 rings and then use the rest for snacks or lunches.
Use a large skillet with a lid to cook this chicken recipe. There should be more than enough room for all of the chicken to cook at once. Unfold the chicken before cooking, making sure the top flat parts are well browned.
What else do we having going on for a cheap and delicious meal –
What to Serve with Your Pineapple Chicken Recipe –