This simple pasta salad recipe is loaded with flavor. Perfect for a picnic or a side dish to your family burger night at home.
Pasta salads are easy to prepare and fun to eat with all the different summer fresh flavors. Shop at your local farmers market for the freshest tomatoes.
Follow along as we show you how to make a delicious Pasta Salad Recipe Made with Spaghetti Noodles!
No summer cookout is complete without a yummy pasta salad. Pasta salads are pretty simple to prepare and can be made a day in advance.
Ingredients Needed for Yummy Pasta Salad
- Angel Hair Pasta
- Cherry Tomatoes – Can also use chopped up Roma tomatoes or plum tomatoes.
- Italian Dressing – Regular or Zesty Italian
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese Cubes – Buy a block of cheese and cut into cubes.
- Pepperoni Stick – Can also use chopped up slices of deli pepperoni.
- Black Olives – Use slices of black olives.
How to Easily Prepare Pasta Salad
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for recommended time adding about 1 extra minute. Drain pasta and stir in a little bit of the Italian dressing.
- Add the cooked, drained and cooled pasta to a large serving bowl. Add in tomatoes, cheese, pepperoni & olives.
- Stir in the rest of the Italian dressing.
- Mix well and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Family Friendly Summer Fresh Pasta Salad made with Spaghettti
- 16 oz Angel Hair Pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- 16 oz Italian Dressing
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 8 oz Cheddar Cheese, cut into cubes
- 8 oz Pepperoni Stick, sliced
- 3 oz Black Olives, sliced
Add cooked, drained and cooled pasta to a large serving bowl. Add in tomatoes, cheese, pepperoni & olives.
Stir in Italian dressing.
Mix well and leave in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or longer.
How to Cook Pasta for Pasta Salad
Cook pasta according to package directions but maybe just a minute longer than normal. Make sure to add enough salt to the water. Taste the water before adding the pasta. Drain pasta quickly and put the cooked pasta back in the pan. To prevent sticking, pour a little bit of the Italian dressing on the noodles and stir to combine.
How to Prepare the Cheese for Pasta Salad
Buy a block of cheese and cut this into small cubes. The advantage to buying a block of cheese is it’s much cheaper.
We like to buy a pepperoni stick and cut this into thicker pieces. You can also get your pepperoni from the deli and cut these pepperoni slices into smaller pieces.
How to Store Leftover Pasta Salad
Simply store leftovers in an airtight container for about 3-4 days. Leftover pasta salad makes a great lunch.
What to Serve with Pasta Spaghetti Salad
Oven Fried Chicken Legs
Grilled Marinated Flank Steak
Family Fun Salads
Bic Mac Salad in a bowl
Old Fashioned Pea Salad
Tortellini Antipasto Salad
Creamy Tomato Pasta Salad with Bacon