Easy Pasta Pesto Recipe with Italian Meatballs
Good Morning/Afternoon! Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend with lots of food, family and fun!
Now is the time to use up some of that fresh basil that has grown in abundance over the summer. This has been a wet summer and the basil pots/crops are thriving.
This is a quick, easy not to mention fabulous Pesto Recipe. If you love pesto, this recipe is a must try!
Add Pesto Sauce to hot pasta, garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve with the homemade Italian-Style Meatballs below.
- 1 Pound Angel Hair Pasta or your personal preference
- 7-8 cups of Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts
- 2-3 cloves of Fresh Garlic
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Cheese
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons course salt
Put all ingredients in a food processor or blender except the oil and pasta. Blend until you reach a smooth consistency, adding the oil slowly as you blend.
- 1/3 lb.ground beef 90% Lean
- 1/3 lb. ground veal
- 1/3 lb. ground pork
- 1 large egg
- 2 slices hard Italian bread
- 4 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup of Italian -Style bread crumbs 3 Tablespoons to add to mix and the remaining to roll meatballs
- 3 tablespoon of Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tablespoons of milk to soften bread
- 1-2 Cloves of Fresh Garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking Oil to fry about 1/4 cup
Break the 2 slices of Italian bread into small pieces and soften in the 3 tablespoons of milk, squeeze excess milk out of bread.
Transfer all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix by hand.
Form meat into balls.
The meatballs will be sticky so place the remaining breadcrumbs onto a plate and roll meatballs until lightly coated.
Place in hot cooking oil and fry.
Serve Italian-Style Meatballs with your pesto pasta. You can also make delicious meatball sandwiches with leftover meatballs!