Roasted Sweet Potato Cubes
When you cut delicious sweet potatoes into cubes and then roast them in the oven … it’s pure yum! This is one of our favorite ways to prepare our beloved sweet potato – and they always turn out perfectly.
You can eat roasted sweet potatoes for breakfast with your poached eggs, or you can eat them rolled up in a flour tortilla with a little sausage and cheese.
Are you running low on nutritious side-dish ideas for dinner? Try these roasted sweet potato cubes along side your awesome oven fried chicken!
Below are directions for 1 large sweet potato, but after you learn how to prepare these, make a couple of foil packets at a time and store some to eat all week or a side dish for dinner.
1 sweet potato has 120% of Vitamin A. Vitamin A is a antioxidant and plays an important role in our health. If you are looking for ways to increase your Vitamin A, eat sweet potatoes often.
Healthy and delicious roasted sweet potatoes for a nutritious side dish - and yummy!
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Tear off a large piece of foil.
Place sweet potato cubes on the foil in a single layer.
Drizzle with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to coat.
Wrap the foil tightly and crimp the ends.
Bake for about 20 minutes.
Bake a little longer depending on thickness of your cubes.
- When working with potato cubes, try and make all the cubes the same size if possible.
- If you don’t want to use your fingers to stir, put the cubes in a small bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir until the cubes are well coated with oil. Place cubes on the foil in a single layer.
- Instead of garlic and rosemary, try adding a little cinnamon and brown sugar. [YUM]
- Peel the sweet potato with a potato peeler and cut cubes with a sturdy sharp knife.
- Use roasted potatoes instead of hash browns for a healthier breakfast.
- Never be afraid to add lots of garlic if you enjoy it. Garlic is so healthy and good for you so it makes a great addition.
- Sweet potatoes are naturally gluten free.
- Tons of sweet potatoes are sold in November in preparation for Thanksgiving
Sweet potatoes are so healthy that you should eat them at least a couple of times a week. Read add more sweet potatoes to your diet.
You will love these sweet potato recipes –
Sweet Potatoes Cooked with Cream