Nothing says yummy dinner like this One Skillet Beef Taco recipe made with ground beef and homemade taco seasoning cooked up in just 30 minutes!
Learn How to make delicious Beef Taco using just one skillet! Less mess and little cleanup or a great meal the whole family will love.
Easy Beef Taco Skillet is a meal the whole family will enjoy! Just brown the ground beef, onions and garlic and add the taco seasoning for a tasty beefy dish that can be served with taco shells or a flour tortilla.
Ingredients Needed for Skillet Taco:
- Lean ground beef
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Onion -we always use yellow onion
- Fresh garlic
- Taco seasoning
- Fire-roasted tomatoes with green chilis
- Shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- Fresh Avocado
How to Make Homemade Taco Seasoning:
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1-1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon ground white pepper
¼ – ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper*
Remaining taco seasoning can be stored in an airtight container with a tight-fitting lid for several months.
How to Cook Beef Taco in the Skillet:
- Prepare the taco seasoning by combining all ingredients in a bowl.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and cook onions and garlic. Add hamburger meat and cook until beef is browned. Salt and pepper while cooking. Drain any grease.
- Sprinkle on taco seasoning and add the fire-roasted tomatoes and green chilis; stir to combine. Cook, stirring frequently for about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with shredded cheese and avocado.
A simple and quick dinner to get on the table that has fresh and nutritious ingredients.
Homemade taco seasoning is easy to make by mixing a few popular spices together. Store in an airtight container and this taco seasoning will last you a couple of months
Delicious and Easy Beef Taco Made in Your Skillet on the Stove Top
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper*
- Remaining taco seasoning can be stored in an airtight container with a tight-fitting lid for several months.
- 1-1/4 lbs. ground beef 80% lean
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 10- oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes with green chilis drained
- 4 oz. shredded Mexican-blend cheese + extra for serving or topping
- 1 avocado peeled and cut into small pieces
- salt and black pepper to taste
- For tacos: Taco shells or lettuce wraps shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, salsa, and/or extra cheese
- For nachos: Gluten-free tortilla chips diced tomatoes, sliced green onions, and/or avocado
Prepare the taco seasoning by combining all ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combine and transfer to an airtight container. Set aside.
Add olive oil to a large skillet set over medium heat. Add diced onion and garlic and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir to combine and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and develops some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
Add beef to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully drain excess fat from skillet.
Add taco seasoning and fire-roasted tomatoes and green chilis and stir to combine. Cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes are heated through, and the beef mixture is thoroughly coated in the taco seasoning, approximately 2-3 minutes. Taste, and add additional taco seasoning, if desired.
Remove from heat and top with shredded cheese and avocado. Cover for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Serve immediately with desired accompaniments. Enjoy!
How to Seve Beefy Skillet Tacos
This easy and versatile 30-minute beef taco skillet can be served a couple of ways. For a delicious main course, serve with shredded lettuce, salsa, chopped tomatoes, extra cheese, and some warm corn taco shells or large lettuce leaves for wrapping. Also, can be served with flour tortillas. For a hearty appetizer, as shown here, serve with gluten-free tortilla chips and top with diced tomatoes, green onion, avocado, and extra cheese right before serving.
Additional to Serve:
For tacos: Hard of Soft Taco shells or lettuce wraps, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, salsa, and/or extra cheese
For nachos: Gluten-free tortilla chips, diced tomatoes, sliced green onions, and/or avocado
What to Serve with Beef Tacos in the Skillet?
Your Favorite Beer!
Serve with all of your favorite taco fixings. Don’t forget sour cream and taco sauce.
Can I use Packaged Taco Seasoning?
Yes, we love packaged taco seasoning as well and use it often for a substitute.
You Will Also Love Some of Our Other Family Friendly Recipes