Italian Mascarpone Sauce Recipe – Fresh & Quick Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce
If you love a great Italian red sauce, but don’t want to spend all day cooking it on the stove, you’ll absolutely love this fresh and quick amazing Mascarpone sauce recipe.
Most families love spaghetti, and it’s one of the easiest dinners to prepare and gets on the dinner table quickly. We use fresh ingredients in this pasta dish to really bring out the flavors of this delicious sauce.
Serve with fresh bread and a side of olive oil based dipping sauce. Don’t forget a fresh tossed salad with fruit and nuts.
A quick red sauce with mascarpone cheese
- 1 lb. fettuccine or spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 (26 oz.) cartons San Marzano crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz.) container of Mascarpone Cheese
- Fresh basil the containers are .75 ounces
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
Sauté the garlic in olive oil in a large skillet or sauce pan
Add the crushed tomatoes and bring to a light boil. Lower the heat and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
Add the fresh basil and stir in the Mascarpone Cheese
salt and pepper to taste
When the sauce returns to a boil, it is ready to serve over hot pasta.
- Mascarpone Cheese is soft and milky with a cream cheese consistency most commonly used in the Italian dessert Tiramisu. It’s delicious when blended with the fresh tomato .
- We used about half of the basil that was in the .75 ounce container from the grocery store. Fresh basil is typically sold in the vegetable refrigerator section of the grocery store. If you are going to pick fresh basil from your garden, use about a handful. We wouldn’t recommend using dried basil for this recipe but you can if that is what you have available.
- We only use San Marzano Tomatoes in this recipe because there are only a few ingredients and we wanted to make it taste a bit like Italy. You can substitute any brand you like – it may not have the exact same flavor because these boxed tomatoes are the closest to home grown and actually come from Italy. Another trusted brand that we love to use in all of our pasta sauces is Redpack Tomatoes – they have just a little bit of a sweeter taste than other tomato brands.
- If you drain you pasta and then rinse lightly, it won’t stick together. You can also add a little bit of olive oil to the cooked pasta.
- Also top your pasta with some shredded Parmesan cheese.
Serve with Your Delicious Italian Mascarpone Sauce with Sweet Sausage or Italian Meatballs.
You will also love More of our Pasta Dishes –