Low Carb Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup – Delicious Lunch or Dinner
We love substituting healthy and delicious cauliflower instead of potatoes in this delicious bacon cheeseburger soup recipe. Most cheeseburger soup recipes add potatoes, but we wanted to make this recipe low carb and keto friendly.
Something you can feel good about putting on the table yet super-delicious at the same time. This is a great recipe to have for a “soup and salad” lunch or a light dinner that will keep you fuller longer.
Keto and Low Carb Friendly –
How To Make Delicious Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Cook bacon until crispy – drain of grease.
- Cook hamburger and onions until beef is cooked through, sprinkle seasonings – drain of grease.
- Add cauliflower, tomato paste and broth – simmer.
- Stir in cream and cheese.
Delicious Low Carb Bacon Cheesebuger Soup - Keto Recipe
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 lbs. 80% lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 large head cauliflower, chopped small
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/3 cup heavy cream tempered
- 3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 oz. Pecorino-Romano cheese, shaved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and black pepper,to taste
- Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy, approximately 6-7 minutes. Transfer cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and blot off excess grease. Drain and discard bacon grease from skillet before returning to the cooktop.
Add ground beef and onions to the same skillet and sprinkle the onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and smoked paprika on top. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is browned, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped cauliflower and beef broth to the skillet and stir to combine. Cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer until heated through and the cauliflower is fork tender, but not mushy, approximately 7-8 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, prepare the side salad by adding the baby arugula, grape tomatoes, and the Pecorino-Romano cheese to a large bowl. Add the olive oil and fresh lime juice. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Set aside.
- When the cauliflower is fork tender, remove the skillet from heat. To prevent curdling, temper the heavy cream by adding one or two tablespoons of the hot liquid from the skillet to it. Stir the tempered cream and sharp cheddar cheese into the skillet until the cheese is thoroughly melted. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- To serve, ladle the soup into individual serving bowls. Crumble the cooked bacon and sprinkle on top of each bowl along with the fresh chopped parsley. Serve immediately with some of the arugula salad on the side. Enjoy!
Serve this delicious low carb bacon cheeseburger soup with a healthy side salad that only takes minutes to prepare.
Some days you just crave a juicy cheeseburger but don’t have time to grill – or it’s just too cold outside. Make this comforting and delicious low carb bacon cheeseburger soup and you will enjoy the taste almost just as much.
Plus, with no big bun you are saving countless carbs and calories.
What to Serve with Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Greens and Cherry Tomatoes
- Fruit Salad
- Sliced Cucumbers and Dressing
- Sliced Fresh Tomatoes with Italian Dressing
You will love these other family friendly and healthy soup Recipes –
Hamburger and Macaroni Soup
Cabbage Roll Soup Recipe
Turkey Cabbage Soup
Easy Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup
White Bean and Rice Soup
Keto Creamy Chicken