Cauliflower Au Gratin – loaded with Cheese and Bacon
Looking for something a bit differently delicious for the holidays or family gatherings? Try this lower in carbs loaded Cauliflower Au Gratin.
Loaded with all the things you like, but less fat and carbs. Creamy and full of flavor – and by using cauliflower instead of potatoes, this dish is lower in calories yet higher in nutrition!
Serve this delicious Loaded cauliflower au gratin for any occasion.
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 6 oz. cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- salt and black pepper. to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 4 strips bacon, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Place top oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the cauliflower in a steamer basket on top of a pot with boiling water and steam until fork-tender, around 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer cauliflower into a cold water bath to prevent further cooking. Drain well and pat dry.
- Transfer steamed cauliflower to a large bowl and add cream cheese, heavy cream, butter, garlic powder, and dried dill. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Transfer to oven-safe casserole dish and top with shredded cheese blend and crumbled bacon. Place in pre-heated oven and roast until cheese is melted and nicely browned on top, around 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately topped with fresh chives. Enjoy!
This side dish of Loaded Cauliflower Au Gratin is perfect for many occasions, but is also a great side dish for your family meals.