Crockpot Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup – A Delicious Slow Cooker Soup Recipe
Any day is a good day for this simple and delicious crockpot Chicken Orzo Lemon Soup! Fresh and healthy ingredients make this soup a healthy choice for lunch or dinner.
Skip the canned soups for good and make this budget-friendly tasty soup that is high on nutrients and low on sodium and unwanted ingredients.
During the summer months when it’s too hot to cook, toss a few ingredients into your crockpot and have a simple nourishing dinner of a bowl of soup served with a healthy tossed salad. Or, have soup as your salvation on those cold winter nights!
An easy and comforting bowl of lemon Chicken Orzo Soup `- perfect for any season.
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1-1/4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2-1/2 cups of chopped carrots (about 4-5 smaller carrots)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 32 oz. container chicken broth
- 1-2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chicken soup base.
- fresh juice from 1/2 of a large lemon
Place the onions on the bottom of the crockpot and drizzle with olive oil.
Lightly salt and pepper the chicken pieces and lay on top of the onions.
Add the rest of the ingredients except the pasta and lemon.
Cook on high for about 5 hours or low for 7 8.
Turn the crockpot to high.
Remove chicken pieces and shred with a fork. Place chicken back in the crockpot.
Add the noodles, lemon and parsley. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
Anything that is less stress is good. Homemade crockpot soup is good. Lemony soup is even better!
Throw a few ingredients in your crockpot in the morning, and that evening you have a delicious dinner that everyone will love.
- Onions do much better in crockpot soup if you chop them in a food processor or chop them fine with a good sharp knife. Large pieces of onions won’t cook the same as the smaller tiny pieces.
- Always let your garlic “breathe” for 10 minutes after chopping. Let it sit before adding to the soup. And as always, add as much garlic as you like because garlic is very healthy for the body.
Your crock pot chicken noodle soup will turn out delicious, but make sure you know how to pick the healthiest chicken for your soup.
If you love soup as much as we do, you will love our delicious crockpot wedding soup