We love the super-handy Instant Pot for making perfect side dishes and this white rice recipe is no exception! Delicious and easy white rice that is made quickly and easily right in your Instant Pot! Whether you’re a newbie or a pro chef, you are going to love the Instant Pot for perfect white rice!
Instant Pot Long Grain White Rice – How to Make Basic White Rice using Your Instant Pot That is Delicious and Easy to Prepare with Just a Few Simple Steps.
The Instant Pot is wonderful at making rice for many reasons. If you are cooking dinner at the stove, this frees up another dinner chore because this white rice practically makes itself.
Here is step-by-step how to make white rice in your instant pot. Remember – The Instant Pot “Rice” button is for WHITE rice only. This is not for brown or wild rice varieties.
What Ingredients You Will Need:
White Rice – We use Long Grain White Rice. Also Jasmine or Basmati works well too.
Butter – Salted Butter is delicious in this recipe
Step-By-Step for How to Make The Best Basic White Rice in The Instant Pot:
We start off using a long grain white rice. We do not rinse the rice before cooking.
- Add 1 cup of white rice to the Instant Pot. You can use the “SAUTE” first if you want to add a little extra flavor.
- Add 1-1/2 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the pot; stir gently.
- Lay 1 tablespoon of butter on top of the rice.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and ensure the steam release valve is set to the “Sealing” position. Select the “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” function (the name may vary depending on your Instant Pot model), and set the cooking time to 3 minutes for most white rice varieties. Adjust the time if you’re using a different type of rice.
- Natural Release: After the cooking cycle is complete, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure for about 10 minutes. This means leaving it alone without manually venting. Then, carefully release any remaining pressure by turning the steam release valve to the “Venting” position.
- Fluff and Serve: Open the lid, and your perfectly cooked white rice should be ready. Use a fork to fluff the rice to separate the grains. Serve it hot as a side dish or as a base for your favorite dishes.Keep in mind that the exact cooking time and water-to-rice ratio may vary slightly depending on the type and brand of your Instant Pot.
IF YOU HAVE A “RICE” BUTTON ON YOUR INSTANT POT –
- Secure the lid and turn the valve in the back to “SEALING.”
- Push the “RICE” button to start the cooking process.
- When the rice is finished cooking and you hear the beep, let rice stay in the pot for 8 additional minutes.
- After 8 minutes, turn the valve in the back to ‘VENTING” to release any pressure.
- Hit the “CANCEL” button and carefully remove the pot. Fluff rice with a fork and add additional salt & pepper if necessary. And YUM, always add a little bit more butter.
This is a basic recipe for making white rice in the Instant Pot. You can also use 1-1/2 cups of chicken broth for additional flavor.
Instant Pot white rice will finished a little quicker than stove top rice, but the beauty in making rice this way is you don’t have to stir, wait for the liquid to boil, and watch the pot to make sure it doesn’t boil over.
If your Instant Pot has a “Rice” Button!
You just toss everything in your Instant Pot, hit the “RICE” button and the amazing pot does the rest. The best thing about using your Instant Pot to cook white rice is it’s basically fool-proof deliciously perfect rice.
There are so many amazing things you can do with an Instant Pot and Making White Rice is one Of Our Favorites for a quick and easy side dish, or a start to a delicious stir fry.
You will love how easy it is to prepare white rice in your Instant Pot!
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
Add 1 cup of white rice to the Instant Pot.
Add 1-1/2 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the pot; stir gently.
Lay 1 tablespoon of butter on top of the rice.
Close the Instant Pot lid and ensure the steam release valve is set to the "Sealing" position. Select the "Manual" or "Pressure Cook" function (the name may vary depending on your Instant Pot model), and set the cooking time to 3 minutes for most white rice varieties.
Natural Release: After the cooking cycle is complete, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure for about 10 minutes. This means leaving it alone without manually venting.
Carefully release any remaining pressure by turning the steam release valve to the "Venting" position.
Fluff rice with a fork and add additional salt & pepper if necessary.
What to Do with Leftover White Rice?
Store your leftover rice in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. You can also freeze white rice for up to 6 months if stored properly. Use an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. Thawing: When you’re ready to use the frozen rice, you can thaw it in the refrigerator overnight or reheat it directly from the freezer in the microwave.
Use Leftover White Rice in Your Favorite Stir Fry or Mixed with Vegetables.
Try Your Instant Pot White Rice with yummy roasted Chick Peas
You Will Also Love Some of Our Other Instant Pot Recipes!