Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
What’s not to love about this delicious Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese that is ready in minutes without a lot of work! Everyone’s favorite comfort food just got a lot easier with this electric pressure cooker version.
If you own an instant pot then you need to try this easy recipe for some of the quickest and best macaroni and cheese.
How to Make the Best Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
- Add 2 cups uncooked macaroni, 2 cups of water and 1/2 tsp. salt to your instant pot – stir.
- Close the lid and cook on PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes.
- Do a quick release and stir in 2 Tbsp. of butter.
- Whisk 1 Tbsp. of flour with 1 cup of milk.
- Turn the instant pot to SAUTE and stir in the milk mixture.
- Add 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar and 1/2 cup of shredded white cheddar cheese – stir.
To make a creamy Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese, we like to use regular shredded cheddar cheese and also a 1/2 cup of white cheddar. After it’s finished, add additional milk, salt and pepper to make it even a bit creamier! Happy Mac & Cheesin!!
Make the best macaroni and cheese using your Instant Pot!
- 2 cups macaroni
- 2 cups water
- 1./2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- additional salt, pepper and milk if needed
Pour macaroni, water and salt into your Instant Pot and give it a stir.
Tighten the lid on the Instant Pot and push the button. Set time for 4 minutes.
While macaroni is cooking, whisk together the milk and flour. Add a little salt & pepper to the mixture.
When time is up, do a QUICK RELEASE.
Carefully remove the lid and stir butter into the cooked macaroni.
Push the SAUTE button and stir in the milk and flour mixture.
Stir for about 1 minute and then stir in the cheeses. Stir again until melted through and creamy.
Add additional milk, salt and pepper if necessary.
Homemade Mac & Cheese just got a whole lot easier! We love quick and tasty Instant Pot recipes – Drop us a note and let us know your favorite recipe!
What to serve with this Instant Pot Recipe? How about meatloaf!