Delicious Instant Pot Beef Stew with Sweet Potatoes and Black Beans
Super healthy and delicious – that’s what this Instant Pot Beef Stew is! This is definitely one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes so far.
Tons of flavor and vitamins makes this beef stew something you will want to put on your dinner table often.
This beef stew recipe “steps away” from the traditional stew recipe, but it’s a healthy step and super-tasty.
Bits of beef, sweet potatoes, carrots and lentils makes this stew nutritious and filled with Vitamin A for healthy and glowing skin.
Healthy and Delicious Beef Stew with a different twist - Enchilada Sauce and Black Beans.
- 1 lb. beef stew meat, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced (3 cups)
- 3 small/medium carrots, diced (1 cup)
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup dried brown lentils
- 1 (10 oz.) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 small onion, diced fine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the beef stew meat into smaller pieces.
Add everything to your instant pot and stir.
Turn the valve to "SEALING" and set the "PRESSURE COOK" time to 28 minutes.
Once the stew has finished cooking, let sit in the pot for 5 minutes.
Do a "QUICK RELEASE" and open the Instant Pot lid. Give the stew a stir and let sit for a few minutes on "warm".
- Use a sharp knife to carefully cut the beef stew pieces into small pieces.
- Cut the sweet potato and carrots into the same size if possible. Don't cut big chunks, try dicing into smaller pieces.
- Have about 2 extra cups of beef broth on hand if the stew becomes too thick.
- Have an extra can of black beans if you want to stretch the stew a bit further.
Instead of the typical tomato sauce, we cook this beef stew in red enchilada sauce. Brown lentils add thickness to the stew and additional fiber and nutrients.
Set your pressure cook time to 28 minutes.
This Instant Pot Beef Stew will be your new Beefy-licious Stew Recipe! Make sure you let us know how much you like this recipe! Tastes like it simmered all day on the stove!