Honey Orange Glazed Salmon with Asparagus
This quick and easy one pan honey orange glazed salmon dinner is the perfect healthy weeknight meal.
From start to finish, you can have this delicious, complete meal on the table in less than 25 minutes!
There is a lot of talk about anti-inflammatory foods and an anti-inflammatory diet. The list of foods may vary slightly, but fresh salmon is one that always makes the list. If you were to research a list of the healthiest foods to eat, salmon typically makes that list as well!
So, it’s a good idea to put more salmon on your dinner table along with some healthy greens.
It's always nice to have a healthy and delicious salmon dinner.
- 4-6 salmon fillets, preferably wild-caught Alaskan
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1-1/2 lbs. asparagus, washed and tough ends removed
- Sea salt and black pepper - to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Place the salmon filets skin side down in the center of the baking sheet and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange juice, honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and brush over the salmon.
Add the asparagus to the bowl with the orange juice mixture and gently toss to combine. Season with additional salt and black pepper, to taste.
Arrange asparagus around the salmon filets in a single layer and place sheet pan in pre-heated oven. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or just until the salmon is flaky and the asparagus develops a bit of color, being careful to not overcook the salmon.
Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!
* The American Heart Association suggests that you consume fatty fish at least twice a week because it contains omega-3 fatty acids.
Serve this healthy and delicious sheet-pan salmon with a big bowl of brown rice.