Easy CrockPot Beef Stroganoff
More people would probably do more “home cooking” if they came home from work to the wonderful smells of this dish.
Beef Stroganoff is one of the most popular of the quick crockpot beef recipes because of its creamy sauce and tender beef. There is no reason to suffer through endless boring dinner dishes when you can make this simple and healthy stroganoff dish with very little time or effort.
If you like a little more zip to your beef recipes, then add your favorite mustard to the crockpot near the end of the cooking time.
Don’t forget the green beans and dinner rolls! Smells Dinner Delicious!
Here is an Easy Recipe for Crockpot Beef Stroganoff the Whole Family Will Love.
- 1 16 oz. package medium egg noodles
- 2 lb. beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 8 oz. package of whole fresh mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced minced
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup sherry (or a good red wine)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Place meat, mushrooms, onions and garlic in crockpot/ slow cooker.
- Add beef broth, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 7-8 hours on low or about 4 on high.
- Add sherry to the crockpot.
- Mix sour cream and flour together. Stir into the crockpot/slow cooker until well combined.
- Cover and cook an additional 15 or 20 minutes.
For an old fashioned take on this dinner, try the wide egg noodles that were popular back in the 50’s. Wide egg noodles are a treat and so delicious. Another reason to cook up a batch of egg noddles is they are quick and typically only take about 5 minutes to cook.
Always drain your noodles quickly because they will keep cooking the longer they sit in hot water and get a little mushy. To reheat leftover egg noddles simply pop them in boiling water for a few seconds and they will be as good as new.
Beef Stroganoff is a pretty versatile dish and can be served over white rice, mashed potatoes, or even fresh biscuits. If you want to take a little healthier approach, serve the beef stroganoff over brown rice or quinoa. This beefy deliciousness even tastes great ladled over a bowl of couscous.