Healthy Ground Beef and Cabbage Recipe
This is a great dinner recipe if you find that you’re having a hard time getting your family to eat cabbage. Cabbage is one of those vegetables that can make the kitchen smell kinda funny and not in a good way.
This Ground Beef and Cabbage Stir-Fry recipe is a great way to get those kids to eat more cabbage! And they won’t even notice that the kitchen smells a little funny. And it’s simple … did we mention it was simple? And CABBAGE LICIOUS …
Stay Healthy. Eat Cruciferous!
Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable and eating more cruciferous vegetables can help to keep us healthy.
Get Your Family to Eat More Cabbage with this Delicious Recipe of Ground Beef and Cabbage
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 small head cabbage, sliced and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3-1/2 tablespoons tomato paste, divided
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- Using a large skillet, brown ground beef, onions and garlic in oil until beef is cooked through. Always season beef with salt and pepper while browning.
- Stir 3 tablespoons of tomato paste into the beef.
- Add cabbage to the skillet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let cook for about 2 minutes, stirring often. (You can add a little more sesame oil at this point.)
- Add water, rice wine vinegar and soy sauce; stir through beef and cabbage until well coated. Bring to a light boil; reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 5 minutes then remove the lid and cook for about 5 more minutes or until the cabbage is tender to your liking.
- Right before it is done cooking, stir in the additional tomato paste.
- If you like your cabbage cooked a little bit longer, cook it for about 15 minutes total.
If you love healthy cabbage like we do, try our Cabbage Roll Soup!