Ground Turkey with Salsa and Eggs for a Healthy Breakfast
Eating clean & healthy for breakfast doesn’t have to be boring – it can be downright delicious!
Start your day off on a healthy foot and try our yummy breakfast recipe – eggs baked to perfection in your oven.
Turkey and salsa pair so well together that this makes for a healthy and super-delicious breakfast. The eggs are baked right in the dish so clean up is really quick and you can get on with your healthy day.
If you start the morning off making healthy food choices, chances are you will continue the healthy choices throughout the day.
When buying ground turkey, always look for 94% lean instead of the 99% This is a better choice as far as taste goes and you really don’t notice much calorie wise.
Shake up your morning taste buds with this ground turkey and salsa dish! Serve with a side of asparagus and some fresh cantaloupe to make a complete meal. Breakfast has never tasted so good!
A Healthy Day Starts with a Healthy and Hearty Breakfast of Turkey, Salsa and Eggs
- 1 lb. ground turkey - 94% lean
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1-1/2 cups organic salsa
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a medium-sized skillet.
- Cook onions in olive oil until soft.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add ground turkey to the skillet and brown, breaking up turkey with a spatula as you cook.
- Mix salsa in with the turkey and simmer until heated through.
- Pour turkey mixture into a greased 2 qt. casserole dish.
- Make 4 wells in the turkey to place the eggs.
- Gently crack the eggs into a small dish and then pour each egg into one of the wells.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until eggs are firm.
Eggs are deliciously baked in a 2 qt. casserole dish – >> Good Cook Ceramic Dishes