This Minced Pork Pasta dish is sure to please the entire family! Ground pork pasta sauce served over your favorite spaghetti is going to be one of your favorite meals.
Easy Ground Pork Spaghetti
Nothing says a delicious dinner like spaghetti with meat sauce! This sauce recipe uses ground pork instead of the familiar ground beef with less fat and calories yet high on taste! We do love using ground pork in many of our recipes and we hope you enjoy it as well.
Easy Ground Pork and Tomato Sauce Recipe for Busy Weeknights!
What Ingredients are Needed For Ground Pork Spaghetti –
Dried Oregano and Basil
How to Make Easy Spaghetti with Ground Pork and Red Sauce –
- Using a large sauce pan, brown ground pork, onions and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper as the pork browns.
- When pork is cooked through, sprinkle pork with brown sugar.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the spaghetti) and simmer on low for about 30-45 minutes or until sauce thickens. Break us the whole tomatoes using a spatula or your fingers.
- Start boiling your water for to cook the spaghetti about 15 minutes before your red sauce is finished cooking.
Easy Dinner of Ground Pork Sauce serve over Hot Spaghetti
- 12 oz. Spaghetti
- 1 lb. Ground Pork
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic Chopped fine
- 1 28 oz. can Whole Tomatoes
- 1 6 oz. can Tomato Paste
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried basil
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 1 tablespoons Brown Sugar
Using a large sauce pan, brown ground pork, onions and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper as the pork browns. When pork is cooked through, sprinkle with brown sugar.
Add the rest of the ingredients (except the spaghetti) and simmer on low for about 30-45 minutes or until sauce thickens. Break us the whole tomatoes using a spatula or your fingers.
Tips for Cooking Spaghetti
- Use a pan big enough and enough water to cook the spaghetti properly.
- About 1 gallon of water for 1 lb. of spaghetti.
- Salt the water with about 3-4 teaspoons of salt.
- To prevent sticking, stir consistently for about the first 3-4 minutes of cooking.
- To see if your pasta is cooked correctly to your liking, taste it. You should be able to tell if it is done or needs a little more time. Practice makes perfect.
- After adding the pasta to the water, keep the water at a low rolling boil. Keep the heat on medium to medium-high.
Make sure to serve your ground pork sauce with shredded parmesan cheese if you have it. Yum, makes the meal extra delicious. If you don’t have shredded then it’s ok to use grated parmesan cheese. Fresh pieces of basil makes for a prefect pasta picture!
What Whole Tomatoes to use For This Recipe?
We love the freshness of San Marzano Peeled Tomatoes – when using these tomatoes in sauce, break up the tomatoes using a spatula or use your fingers. Cut out any rough spots. Spaghetti sauce that uses whole tomatoes tastes so fresh and tasty!
What to Serve with Your Yummy Spaghetti?
A tossed salad is always a great choice for a warm pasta dish with red sauce.
Serve a tossed Caesar salad with warm dinner rolls and butter.
Why We Love Ground Pork
Ground pork has a distinct flavor that is delicious in spaghetti for those who enjoy pork products. It has a slightly sweet and mild flavor, and can be used in a variety of dishes such as meatballs, meatloaf, and stir-fries. It can also be a cheaper cut of meat so compare pricing with beef.
You will love some of our other delicious pasta recipes! Enjoy!