Are you looking for a low cost meal that is healthy and delicious at the same time? Try this amazing Ground Beef and Broccoli Pasta Recipe that the whole family will love!
Ground Beef with Broccoli and Peanut Sauce
A Healthy Family Meal – with Healthy Ingredients
This dish was part part of our 12 & 12 dinners. Do you have 12 minutes and $12.00 to make a healthy dinner? We were able to shop at Aldi’s and purchase every ingredient in this recipe.
If you are looking for a cheap or inexpensive meal to serve for dinner, but also want something delicious and nutritious, this is the perfect recipe!
Ground beef paired with egg noodles makes for the perfect meal when you have hungry kids to feed and you’re in a hurry!
One skillet is all that is needed to get dinner on the table quickly! There is not much mess when you can cook in just one pan giving you more time to spend with your family.
The peanut sauce is delicious bite after bite.
How to Make Ground Beef and Broccoli
- Brown Ground Beef, onions and garlic (salt and pepper as you go!)
- Reserve 1/2 cup of beef broth and set aside
- Pour remaining beef broth and 1 cup of water into the skillet with cooked beef
- Stir in noodles and bring to a light boil
- Lay the broccoli pieces over the noodles and cover the skillet
- Mix together your sauce ingredients: peanut butter, soy sauce and the 1/2 cup of reserved beef broth
- When noodles and broccoli have finished cooking, stir in the sauce
- Blend until all is coated with the sauce
A meal that's easy on the family budget - perfect for the whole family to enjoy!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- salt & pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 head broccoli - use florets only
- 1 14.5 oz. can beef broth, divided
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
Using a large skillet with a lid, cook onions in oil until soft.
Add the ground beef and garlic cooking until beef is well browned, breaking up clumps of beef with a spatula as you cook. Salt and Pepper beef lightly while cooking.
Reserve 1/2 cup of the beef broth for the sauce.
Pour remaining beef broth and 1 cup of water into the skillet with the cooked beef. Stir and bring to a light boil.
Stir in the noodles and return to a boil.
Lay the broccoli on top of the noodles and cover skillet. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring once.
While this is cooking, mix together the peanut butter, soy sauce, and 1/2 cup of beef broth. After 5 more minutes, stir in the peanut sauce and blend thoroughly until all is well coated.
What Egg Noodles to use for this Ground Beef and Broccoli Recipe
Our Favorite Egg Noodles for This Healthy Meal are the Medium “Light and Fluffy” Brand.
What Side Dish to Serve with This Ground Beef and Broccoli?
Since this recipe is has meat, carbs and protein, we typically serve some type of dinner rolls or bread.
We Hope You Enjoy this Low Cost Meal of Ground Beef and Broccoli Pasta! Try a few Of Our Other Family Favorites!