Easy Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is an easy to prepare Italian pasta dish that consists of a few simple ingredients like olive oil, freshly chopped garlic, parsley, and Parmesan cheese all tossed with hot cooked pasta.
What’s also really nice about this dish is it’s inexpensive and easy on the food budget. Typically you will have all the ingredients in your pantry to cook this delicious pasta recipe, and we all know that quick pasta recipes are nice to have in your meal plan rotation for nights when you don’t have time to cook.
Make this simple Spaghetti Aglio e Olio that is quick and delicious and easy on your food budget.
- 1 lb. thin spaghetti
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsely, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Heat 1/2 of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes careful not to burn. If using red pepper flakes, add at the end of the cooking time.
- Add the reserved pasta water to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Cook gently for about 3 minutes.
Add the cooked and drained pasta to the pan and toss until pasta is well coated. Stir in a little salt & pepper, remaining oil, butter and Parmesan cheese, tossing again to combine.
Serve with a little shredded Asiago cheese on top!
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is a delicious and filling dinner that can be on your table in about 20 minutes. We like to serve this pasta dish with a basic salad and garlic bread.
Just toss pasta right in the skillet with the garlic infused olive oil. Using reserved pasta water helps to thicken the sauce and add flavor. Add more oil and butter if desired.
Asiago cheese is not typical of a Spaghetti Aglio e Olio dish, but we love it. You can also top your pasta with freshly grated Ramona cheese.