Easy Red Potato Salad Recipe
This is a very simple red potato salad recipe that will please all of your picnic guests! We love baby red potatoes, and when used in this potato salad they are even more delicious slathered in the creamy dressing!
A big bowl of potato salad and picnic baked beans are two very important staples of any summer picnic or outdoor party, so always try to include both.
This is an easy & delicious red potato salad that everyone will love so grab a big bowl full and enjoy. It gets even a little better if you make your own fresh and flavorful mayonnaise! And don’t forget to prepare this potato salad in advance to give the flavors time to blend together. Potato salad is one of those dishes that always tastes a little better the next day.
Easy Red Potato Salad Makes a Great Side Dish for Dinner.
- 3 lbs. baby red potatoes
- 3 large eggs, hard boiled, peeled and diced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 green onions, sliced
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Place your potatoes in a pan of salted water and bring to a light boil.
Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
Drain and let potatoes cool for about 10 minutes before cutting into small chunks.
In a medium bowl, mix all mayonnaise, sour cream, cider vinegar and sugar. Salt & pepper to taste.
Combine cooled potatoes with chopped eggs, celery and green onions. Salt & pepper to taste.
Mix in dressing and toss to coat.
Red Potato Salad Tips –
- Pick baby red potatoes that are firm and same in size.
- Salt your water before adding the potatoes to the pan.
- Fill your pan 3/4 full with water. Cover potatoes completely with water with an extra inch or two above the potatoes.
- Try to prepare potato salad in advance to let the flavors absorb into the potatoes.
- Never leave potato salad in the heat or sun.
- Add fresh parsley or snips of fresh chives.