Making a keto chaffle pizza is a creative and delicious way to satisfy your pizza cravings while staying within the boundaries of a low-carb ketogenic diet. A chaffle is essentially a waffle made with cheese and egg, which can serve as a great low-carb pizza crust alternative. See our basic recipe for a keto chaffle pizza that you are gonna love!
Craving pizza while on a keto diet can be a challenging experience, especially when you’re trying to stick to your low-carb goals. But fret not! We’ve got the perfect solution for you. Introducing the epic Keto Pizza Chaffles, a mouthwatering and guilt-free treat that will satisfy your pizza cravings without derailing your diet. Created with a combination of cheese and eggs, chaffles have been taking the keto world by storm. They have quickly become a popular alternative to traditional pizza crusts, thanks to their crispy and cheesy texture.
These Keto Pizza Chaffles are not only incredibly delicious but also low in carbs, making them an ideal choice for anyone following a ketogenic lifestyle. Whether you prefer a classic pepperoni topping or want to get creative with different ingredients, these pizza chaffles are versatile and customizable to suit your taste. With just a few simple ingredients and a waffle maker, you can enjoy a scrumptious pizza-like experience in no time. So say goodbye to those pizza cravings and indulge in these epic Keto Pizza Chaffles. It’s time to enjoy a tasty treat that won’t derail your diet or leave you feeling guilty. Jump on the chaffle train and savor the keto-friendly pizza revolution!
Ingredients Needed for Keto Pizza Chaffles
- 2 large eggs – preferable organic eggs
- 4 oz block cheddar cheese – shredded (block cheese works better since it doesn’t have the anit-caking agents)
- 28 pepperonis
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup low carb pizza sauce – We like Rao’s Sauce. Keto Friendly and Low in Carbs and Sugar
How to Make Easy Keto Pizza Chaffles
Easy Instructions for Waffles:
- Heat up waffle maker and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs. Whip until fluffy.
- Add in the shredded cheddar cheese and Italian seasoning. Mix well.
- Using a measuring spoon, scoop out 1 tablespoon of the egg and cheese mixture and place into the waffle maker.
- Add 4 pepperonis on top of the egg mixture then add another 1 tablespoon of egg mixture on top of the pepperonis.
- Close the waffle maker and cook for 3-4 minutes until the chaffle is set.
- Carefully remove the chaffle from the waffle maker. Top with pizza sauce, shredded cheese and pepperoni.J
Embarking on a keto journey doesn’t mean sacrificing pizza nights. Introducing chaffle pizza – the guilt-free twist on the classic that will satisfy your cravings without derailing your low-carb goals. Whether you’re following a strict ketogenic diet or simply looking for healthier alternatives, chaffle pizza is a game-changer.
Easy & Delicious Low Carb Keto Pizza Chaffle Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 4 oz. block cheddar cheese shredded (block cheese works better since it doesn’t have the anit-caking agents)
- 28 pepperonis
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup low carb pizza sauce We Like Rao's Sauces
Heat up waffle maker and spray with nonstick spray.
In a mixing bowl, add the eggs. Whip until fluffy. Then add in the shredded cheddar cheese and Italian seasoning. Mix well.
Using a measuring spoon, scoop out 1 tablespoon of the egg and cheese mixture and place into the waffle maker.
Add 4 pepperonis on top of the egg mixture then add another 1 tablespoon of egg mixture on top of the pepperonis.
Close the waffle maker and cook for 3-4 minutes until the chaffle is set.
Carefully remove the chaffle from the waffle maker. Top with pizza sauce, shredded cheese and pepperoni.
What Exactly is a Chaffle?
It’s a combination of cheese and waffle, resulting in a crispy, bread-like base that perfectly mimics the texture of a traditional pizza crust. Made with just a few ingredients, including cheese and eggs, chaffle pizza offers a high-protein, low-carb option that won’t leave you feeling deprived. This innovative take on pizza allows you to enjoy all your favorite toppings without the guilt.
The chaffle concept originated in the keto community as a way to create a bread substitute that is low in carbs and high in flavor. By using cheese as the base ingredient, chaffles offer a satisfying texture while keeping the carbohydrate content to a minimum. It’s a creative and innovative solution for those who want to enjoy their favorite foods while staying on track with their keto diet goals.
The Benefits of Chaffle Pizza on the Keto Diet
Chaffle pizza provides numerous benefits for those following a keto diet. Firstly, it allows you to enjoy the flavors and satisfaction of pizza without the guilt. Traditional pizza crusts are loaded with carbs, making them a big no-no for keto enthusiasts. Chaffle pizza, on the other hand, offers a low-carb alternative that won’t kick you out of ketosis.
In addition to being low in carbs, chaffle pizza is also high in protein. The combination of cheese and eggs provides a substantial amount of protein, which is essential for maintaining muscle mass and promoting fullness. This means you can indulge in a delicious chaffle pizza without feeling hungry or unsatisfied afterward.
Furthermore, chaffle pizza is a great source of healthy fats. The cheese used in chaffles contains beneficial fats that are a key component of the ketogenic diet. These fats help keep you feeling full and satisfied, while also providing a steady source of energy throughout the day.
Ideas on What to Serve with Your Chaffle Pizza
Tips for Making the Perfect Chaffle Pizza
1. Use a well-seasoned waffle maker or a mini waffle maker specifically designed for chaffles. This will help prevent sticking and ensure even cooking.
2. Don’t skimp on the cheese. The cheese is not only the base of the chaffle crust but also provides the necessary structure and flavor.
3. Let the chaffles cool slightly before adding your toppings. This will prevent them from becoming too soft and soggy.