This corn dip recipe is easy and quick to prepare, making it a tasty option for parties, potlucks, or game day gatherings! Corn, mayonnaise, sour cream and cheese goes so well together to make this tasty dip recipe. Add in some crispy bacon, jalapeno and spices and you have a super-flavorful party dip everyone will love! And did we mention EASY?
Yummy corn dip is another amazingly easy and delicious appetizer that can be served with tortilla chips or crackers. Want to bump up the flavor, try serving with some Frito Scoops.
Ingredients Needed for Easy Corn Dip:
- Cans of sweet corn (not creamed corn)
- Sour cream
- Mexican shredded cheese
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
Easy Instructions on How to Make Corn Dip:
- Drain the canned corn well. Make sure all liquid is drained.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until it has reached your desired doneness and crispiness.
- Chop the scallions, jalapeno, and cooked bacon. Set aside.
- In a medium-large bowl, add the corn, sour cream, mayonnaise, shredded cheese, chopped bacon, chopped scallions, chopped jalapeno and seasoning. Mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Keep refrigerated until ready for serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
How to Cook Crispy Bacon:
- Heat the skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon slices to the skillet in a single layer, without overlapping.
- Cook the bacon for about 4-6 minutes on one side until it starts to brown and crisp up.
- Use tongs to flip the bacon over and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes on the other side until it reaches your desired level of crispiness.
- Use tongs to transfer the cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess grease.
- Let the bacon cool for a few minutes before cutting.
Corn tortilla chips makes for a great accompaniment for this delicious corn dip.
A delicious and easy appetizer with sweet corn, mayonnaise and cheese
- 2 cans of corn
- 5 slices of bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese
- 3 scallions
- 1 jalapeno
- ½ tsp black pepper or to taste
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
Drain the canned corn well. Make sure all liquid is drained.
Cook bacon in a skillet until it has reached your desired crispiness.
Chop the scallions, jalapeno, and cooked bacon. Set aside.
In a medium-large bowl, add the corn, sour cream, mayonnaise, shredded cheese, chopped bacon, chopped scallions, chopped jalapeno and seasoning. Mix until well combined.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Keep refrigerated until ready for serving.
Serve with tortilla chips.
What to Serve with this Easy Corn Dip Recipe
- Serve corn tortilla chips or crackers
- Fritos – Fritos are delicious with this corn dip
- You will also love this easy Jimmy Dean sausage ball recipe that would go perfectly with this corn dip recipe.
Why We Love Corn Dip
We love to make this delicious corn dip because it’s easy and takes very little time to put together something amazing for a party.
Corn dip combines sweet corn with savory and creamy ingredients like mayonnaise, sour cream, and cheese. This medley of flavors creates a rich and satisfying taste that appeals to a wide range of palates. All of your guests will enjoy this dip!
How to Store Leftover Corn Dip
- Always use an Airtight Container – Transfer the corn dip to an airtight container. Glass, plastic, or BPA-free containers with tight-fitting lids work well for this purpose. Avoid leaving the dip in the original serving dish, as it might not provide a proper seal.
- Label and Date – It’s a good practice to label the container with the date to keep track of its freshness. You can use masking tape or sticky labels for this purpose.
- Refrigerate Promptly – Place the airtight container with the corn dip in the refrigerator as soon as possible after serving. Ideally, it should be refrigerated within two hours of preparation.
- Store at the Right Temperature – Set your refrigerator to maintain a temperature of 40°F (4°C) or below. This ensures that the dip stays at a safe temperature and prevents the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Leftover corn dip should be consumed within 3-4 days.
- Avoid Freezing – Corn dip typically contains dairy products like cream cheese and sour cream, which might not freeze well due to changes in texture. Freezing and thawing can result in a separation of ingredients and an undesirable consistency. It’s best to enjoy the corn dip while it’s fresh or dispose of the leftovers after the recommended time frame.
You will Love Some of Our Delicious Appetizer Recipes: