Easy Baked Chicken using Lemon Preserves – Delicious Lemon Chicken with Garlic and Brown Sugar
There is just something a little special about cooking with preserved lemons. The are salty and delicious and add such a zippy-luscious flavor to foods.
While most people think of the typical Moroccan Chicken with preserved lemons and green olives … we have our own delicious recipe that uses preserved lemons and brown sugar. (#Yum)
When you combine the preserved lemons with brown sugar – food magic happens. This is a great recipe for anyone wanting to try a new chicken dinner recipe and then fall in love.
- It is recommended to rinse the salty preserved lemons before using them in cooking, but taste them yourself and see what you think.
Try this Differently Baked Chicken using Lemon Preserves
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 12 preserved lemon slices and 2 tablespoons of the juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Preheat oven to 300
In a small cup, combine the salt, pepper and spices.
Sprinkle spice mixture on both sides of the chicken.
Melt butter with the oil and brown chicken on both sides.
Remove chicken to a baking dish and sprinkle with brown sugar.
Cook garlic for about 2-3 minutes or until soft and then add to the baking pan along with any liquid from the pan and the lemon juice.
Lay lemon slices on top of the chicken; cover dish with foil and bake for 1-1/2 hours.
You can find preserved lemon slices just about anywhere, but here is a link to fine choice for quality preserved lemons
Meditteranean Gourmet Preserved Lemons (All Natural lemons preserved in brine) 17 oz.
Let us know what you think about cooking with these delicious preserved lemons!