Learn how to quickly make this chicken and corn soup with egg noodles recipe that the kids will love! You will also have plenty of leftovers to eat later in the week or freeze to eat next month!
Corn soup is also easy on the food budget with all the ingredients to make this soup low in cost.
How to Make Yummy Chicken and Corn Noodle Soup.
Corn soup is a comfort food soup that goes perfectly with chicken and noodles. This soup is affordable and easy on budget, yet every family member will love it even your pickiest of eaters! Full of satisfying flavor, this is a great recipe to have in your dinner rotation.
Ingredients for Delicious Chicken and Corn Soup
- boneless chicken breasts – organic chicken breasts
- onion – yellow onion works well with this recipe
- butter – salted butter works best
- chicken broth or stock – use a flavorful brand that is organic if possible.
- egg noodles – we use medium egg noodles but try the wide or thin noodles as well. See what you like the best.
- canned whole kernel corn – frozen corn works well to so use frozen corn if you have it.
- canned cream-style corn
Easy Directions for Corn Soup
- Melt butter over medium heat and sauté the onion, celery, and carrots until tender.
- Add in the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour chicken broth over the chicken and vegetable mixture. Bring mixture to a boil. Cover and simmer until chicken reaches 165 degrees and is no longer pink. Approx. 20 minutes.
- Uncover and return mixture to a boil and stir in noodles and corn. Reduce to medium heat and cook until noodles are tender. Approx. 8 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add more broth if needed.
Every bite of this corn soup is simply delicious. The corn makes the broth extra rich and creamy. Extra soup makes for a great lunch the next day and gives you enough to freeze for another dinner later in the month.
- A savory addition to this soup would be some diced ham.
Your family will Love this easy chicken and corn noodle soup
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped fine
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 12 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 14-3/4 oz. cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 14-3/4 oz. cans cream-style corn
Melt butter over medium heat in a 6 quart pot or dutch oven and saute the onion, celery, and carrots until tender.
Add in the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
Pour chicken broth over the chicken and vegetable mixture. Bring mixture to a boil. Cover and simmer until chicken reaches 165 degrees and is no longer pink. Approx. 20 minutes.
Uncover and return mixture to a boil and stir in noodles and corn. Reduce to medium heat and cook until noodles are tender. Approx. 8 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Notes: If soup is too thick, add additional chicken broth.
Why we Love this Chicken and Corn Soup Recipe
- Sometimes you just need something yummy, and this corn soup recipe is definitely it! Delicious and filling with all the right ingredients of chicken, noodles and vegetables. Corn is such a great ingredient to add to your basic chicken noodle soup. Warm, delicious and comforting.
- Great soup to serve any time of the year!
- Soup comes together quickly.
- Corn is nutritious – corn is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. Corn also contains lots of fiber.
Can you Use Fresh Corn?
Sure, just remove the corn from the cob with a sharp knife. The fresh corn will cook just fine in the soup. You can also cook and freeze fresh corn to use at a later date.
What to Serve with Corn Soup?
Corn Bread with Honey and Cheddar
Healthy Tossed Salad
Bread and Butter
How to Store Leftover Soup
Always store soup in an airtight container in your refrigerator. Soup can last about 4-5 days. We like to use glass storage containers for storing soup in the fridge.
Can you Freeze Chicken and Corn Soup?
Yes, this soup is easy to freeze. Let soup cool completely before adding to an airtight container. Freeze for up to two months. To reheat the soup, let thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then heat up in the microwave or heat on the stove top.
What Are the Best Egg Noodles for Soup
We love using Light and Fluffy Egg Noodles for our recipes. For this recipe we used medium egg noodles.
you will also love our Skillet Egg Noodle Lasagna Recipe
Is this Chicken Noodle Soup with Corn?
Yes, this would be very similar to the always popular chicken noodle soup. Just with corn added! YUM!
Try some of Our Other Family Friendly Recipes!